“Hotel stay and food was great......But!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Romantic Getaway Package
Ranked #19 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“Hotel stay and food was great......But!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this lovely hotel. The customer service that we received from “Diane” (I was told that was her name) was very poor. I emailed the hotel prior to our arrival requesting total cost, taxes included, in order to report back to the remaining parties that were traveling alone with me. Well “Diane” informed me that there will be an additional $40 (incidental fee) that would be charged to my credit/debit card. I asked why didn’t the manager that e-mailed me total cost did not include that in the e-mail. She had no answer, then I asked to see that in writing, and she assured me she would find it on the website and bring it to my room, along with a room key of another family member’s room that was not ready. Diane NEVER came to my room with the key, nor did she get the information to me concerning the $40 incidental fee. After waiting and hour PLUS, we decided to call down and ask was the room ready and it was, I guess she was upset and decided not to deal with us anymore, made us all wait (2 families) crowed all in one room. We would have gladly paid the $40, but just wanted to see it in writing. For “Diane” to just leave the situation open and NEVER reported back to us, was very disappointing and refused to come to our room, which she suggested that she would do, was not acceptable AT ALL. “Diane’s” attitude was clearly the worst part of our stay.
Kevin, I must say, made things right. He was very concerned; he greeted us every time he saw us. He made my entire family feel welcome and at home. And not just my family but everyone he came in contact with, I observed him. He made the difference, from being greeted with such and awful attitude from “Diane”. Our family was very appreciative for the hospitality that was shown to us from Kevin. Keep up the good work Kevin!!!!!!

Tonya Gray
Arrival Date: March 22, 2013
Departure Date: March 24, 2013

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Byram, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at this property during a recent conference in Memphis. The lobby was nicely done and very attractive. It was also very clean. When we arrived at our room, while clean, it had the weirest floor plan.

You walk into the sitting area, which at an 'L' shape sofa sleeper, desk and sink with a mini fridge underneath (no microwave though). There is a very small wall that tries to seperate the sitting area from the sleeping area, but really offers no privacy. There is only one television in the room, and it swivels so you can watch it from either the sitting area or sleeping area. The channels offered were sufficient, but could have had a few more. But the part I couldn't get over was the bathroom area. The sink and vanity area is directly across from the beds. We had two double beds, as it was a friend and I sharing a room. The closet was at one end of the vanity/sink and the door to the toilet and shower was at the other end. This made it very difficult for us as if one of us wanted to get up early and start getting ready, it couldn't start at the sink in order to not distrub the other. The shower/toilet room was very tiny, but we made it work.

The breakfast was sufficient, but finding a table could be challenging if the hotel was busy.

The only real complaint I have is about housekeeping. The first morning I saw the housekeeping cart on our floor. I lounged around the room for close to an hour and heard her knocking on other doors announcing herself. I never heard her knock on our door, but assumed she was still cleaning other rooms. As I left out to go shopping, I noticed her cart was gone so I inquired at the front desk. They assured me she wasn't finished cleaning our floor and would get to us. Upon my return, I noticed she had stopped by and made up the beds and changed the towels. However she didn't vaccum as I had dropped a button on the floor and it was still there. She also did not take away a dirty cup I had used and managed to drop a glove on the floor on her way out. Sadly, that glove remained on the floor during our entire stay. We never picked it up and neither did she.

All in all, it's a nice property, but I would only consider staying here again if I was travelling alone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very good location. Close to food and shopping. Free breakfast! And it wasn't too skimpy! Rooms look updated and were clean.

The bed wasn't very comfy, and the heat unit blew black stuff all over the comforter of the bed when I turned it on. And not to be ugly, but I don't know how an overweight person could possibly get the bathroom door closed without climbing into the bathtub! Also, one of the noisiest hotels I've EVER stayed at. You can hear everything outside your window, including the train in the middle of the night (of course), everything outside your door (including the maid's music in her cart for hours). So if you are bothered by noise, bring your earplugs!

I would stay here again because the good outweighed the bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Morehead City, Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A school bus load of kids were trying to check in when we arrived, yet they still had someone available to allow everyone else to check in. Had a great stay. Clean, comfortable bedding and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Republic, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. The staff was exceptional. At check in we were offered to be shown around. The lobby was very nice, clean and an easy flow to get through. The room was very nice and spacious. Once again the room was clean the bed very comfortable which afforded a very sound night sleep. The whole proeprty was nice and quiet. The breakfast was good, they have Starbucks, with pancakes, english muffin sandwiches, cereal fruit and such. We will certainly stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Just enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is located close to shopping areas and plenty of nice chain restaurants such as Macaroni Grill, Panera Bread, Five Guys Burgers, etc. We came to Memphis for a swim meet. The hotel offered a very nice breakfast bar in the mornings. We missed out the second morning because our warm up was at 7am and the breakfast runs 7-10 on weekends but the first day we had good fruit, cereals, pancakes, english muffin sandwiches, etc. Better than the average continental breakfast. The lobby is nice and relaxing and there is a 24/7 food service and drink bar. The rooms were very spacious with two double beds and a seating area with a sectional sofa, large like 50 inch TV and desk and coffee bar with fridge and safe.

Room Tip: Ice machines are on 3 and 5th floors only so if that helps!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

When I stayed at the Hyatt Place Primacy Parkway over the holidays, I was disappointed that all the services were not available and the room cleaning process was not as good as expected. I could not believe that the service I experienced at the other two Hyatt Places was not the same as this one. I really did not expect to encounter poor service with the gallery host, who refused to prepare a meal from the 24/7 menu, located on the guestroom desk. That was a disappointment. I like the style and convenience provided by the Hyatt Place brand. This experience was not up to standards. I will stay at Hyatt Places in the future, but I have to share my experience with other travelers. Be clear about what you expect when you arrive to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: Select a room on a higher floor and avoid the stairwells. The doors slam
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Place Memphis Primacy Parkway? Share your experiences!