“good food way too loud” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Happy Mexican Restaurante and Cantina
385 S. Second St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Downtown)
(901) 529-9991
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Green Valley, Arizona
“good food way too loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The food was great, huge portions, very good and attentive service from the waiter and busboy. The place is WAY TOO LOUD. Customers were screaming at each other to be heard. I had the shrimp with chipotle sauce and was impressed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, Massachusetts
“Unhappy happy birthday!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Went to Happy Mexican with large group. Manager asked if anyone had a birthday since he wanted to bring complimentary desserts for everyone. It happened to be my husband's birthday so we told the manager. After the desserts arrived my husband was surrounded by several waiters who put a sombrero on his head, poured tequila down his throat and hit him in the face with a plate of whipped cream!! It was totally humiliating and bordered on abuse! I would never go there again! And the veggie quesadilla was horrible. . . the only veggie besides refried beans was oily mushrooms. Yuck!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cordova, Tennessee
“U want me to leave my credit card where..with who? Why?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I CAN'T BELIEVE that they actually expect anyone toleave their credit card at the hostess desk while we are at a table DRINKING and having a good time. Are these people STUPID or what? Have they not heard of identity theft???

This is supposedly necessary if you have a large party (more than 4 people) becuase folks have run out on them and not paid the bill. How about calling the cops? Why would ANYONE agree to do this? They lost my business - and the 9 other folks that came with us to celebrate that night. I doubt they'll survive for long losing customers at that clip!

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“You are asking me for review about THAT place ??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The last 2 times I went there I threw up. Anything else I need to say? Ok, here we go: the old shrimp wasn't cooked in any way. The invoice was obscenely high, the waiters arrogant and ignorant. Stay away from this place, if you want to be happy camper!

Visited August 2012
“Baby shower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just held a friends baby shower here. Great food, good prices. Staff was super accomidating. Will def return. The decor is just darling as well

Visited June 2012