“Excellent stay but they stole my credit card” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Memphis Beale Street

You added The Westin Memphis Beale Street to your Saves list
The Westin Memphis Beale Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Lt. George Washington Lee Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #32 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Smithtown, NY
“Excellent stay but they stole my credit card”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. everyone was friendly, the room was great, room service was great, location was great and I enjoyed the view. The room temperature could have been regulated better. I don't like it when one side of the room is a totally different temperature than the other. However, there was a credit card that I used only to book the room directly with the hotel. My credit card company alerted me of fraudulent charges which were online purchases with a delivery address near the hotel. My husband contacted the hotel management to inform them of this issue. They said they would look into it but they did not get back to us. We then contacted a national phone number for the Westin/Starwood. It was only then that they opened a personnel investigation. I believe they have now taken action against the employee. I just don't want this to happen to someone else. I was very lucky that my bank handled this very well. Other than this, it was a great hotel but this is a huge issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
BealeStreetHotelier, General Manager at The Westin Memphis Beale Street, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
My name is Patrick Jordan. I am the General Manager of the Westin Memphis Beale Street. Let me start by saying that I am very sorry that you are going through this ordeal. I can only imagine the concern and worry that you and your husband have experienced. I am glad to hear that so many elements of your stay with us were very pleasant, and hate to hear that your experience was marred by this unfortunate incident. I have been personally involved in the investigation and appreciate your following up. I can assure you that appropriate measures will be taken if any employee misconduct is identified. I am personally available to you or your husband by phone at 901-334-5900 for any additional comments or concerns you may have.

Best Regards,
Patrick L. Jordan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This property is fairly typical for the Westin chain. Good bedding, good showers, clean rooms. From a design standpoint, it's not particularly remarkable, but it's comfortable and well located.

For the first time, I tried a Westin "workout room", where there's a full-sized treadmill in your room. I wasn't seeking that, but it came up as an option and I gave it a try. I thought it couldn't hurt, given the amount of bar-b-que I was planning to eat. Of course, I never got on the treadmill, but it's still a really intriguing idea.

If you're in town on tourism, you couldn't be placed much better. It's right between the Fedex Forum, the Gibson Guitar factory and Beale Street. I imagine traffic and parking could be a challenge around the time of NBA games – might be worth checking the schedule before you arrive.

Room Tip: The photographer traveling with me had a room on the Beale Street side of the hotel, and there was n...
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Westin was a great hotel. Fantastic location: across the street from the Fedex Forum where we saw the Memphis Grizzleys play, across from the Gibson Guitar factory and a block from Beale Street. The hotel's general manager was exceptionally hospitable and friendly. Staff was great. The room was spacious, great view and very modern. Definitely a place to come back too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Was in Memphis for a conference. The room was spacious, beds delightfully comfortable, bathroom amazing. The sponsors of the conference served us breakfast and lunch from the hotel - excellent food. Helpful and pleasant staff.
Not sure where else to put this information but if you need an airport shuttle cannot speak highly enough about TennCoExpress. Most cabs charge $30.00 one way but they charge $20 one way and $30 roundtrip. Efficient and on time.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is centrally located right next to beale street. It is directly across the street from FedEx stadium where the grizzles play. The rooms are really really average nothing special about them. Self parking is $18 per day and valet is $24 per day.

• Stayed October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, and the suite was fine. However, the small things caught my attention. Stains on the carpet, small amounts of mold in the shower, towels not replenished when they should be, all made me feel as this was just shy of what it should be. Still, having been to Memphis many times, this remains the best hotel option in town.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent it you want to explore the Beale street, riverfront area. For the most part the staff was excellent - very friendly and helpful.

Two complaints:
1. The toilet clogged within my first few hours. I called to get it fixed, returned to the room several hours later and it had not been repaired. It remained that way overnight. I called again the next morning and the scenario repeated itself, with 6 hours in between my exit and my return to it not being fixed. I called once again and finally had it fixed a couple hours later.

2. The morning of my checkout, the housekeeping staff knocked on my door twice before checkout time (in spite of the do not disturb sign and in spite of being told I would check out in an hour). They were also very loud in the hallway early in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Memphis Beale Street? Share your experiences!