“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Westin Memphis Beale Street to your Saves list
Expedia.com Orbitz.com
The Westin Memphis Beale Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Lt. George Washington Lee Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 135 hotels in Memphis
New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our room was clean, secure, spacious, and cool. Perfect!
The staff, incredible= knowledgable and helpful. This place is the quintessential example of southern hospitality. Great location. Starbucks attached to the hotel. Looking forward to another stay. With love from NYC

• Stayed July 2013

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Westin for 5 nights and the location couldn't have been better! Our room faced the Gibson Guitar Factory and was very quiet. The service was wonderful and the rooms were clean. We could walk everywhere from the hotel. They even provide free bottle water in the room. We only ate breakfast at the hotel but it was good. Our server on most days was Keisha and she was great. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the Gibson Guitar Factory if you want quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed at The Westin Memphis Beale Street for two nights. My flight was quite early in the morning - wedding events started that afternoon. The front desk did everything possible to secure me an early check-in so I could freshen up before the wedding events.

The room was clean and spacious with plenty of outlets for all of my gadgets. The bathroom was very large - I was assigned a handicapped accessible room so I am not sure if this bathroom is the "normal" size. The toiletries are of high quality so forgo packing your own.

The gym facility could have been cleaner - just seemed to be a little dusty; the female gym bathroom was very clean. The gym equipment was newer and functioned well. I really appreciated the cooling unit stocked with cool cloths and complimentary headphones if you forgot your own - fabulous touch.

There is a hotel lobby bar - extremely expensive and nothing special. Skip this bar and go somewhere else.

The Bleu, the lounge connected to the hotel, was modern and fun. There is a happy hour on weekdays - $5 for house wine among other specials.

Location: The Westin is just one block from Beale Street - the perfect distance. No noise complaints whatsoever. It is across the street from the Gibson guitar factory and the Rock & Soul Museum. Gus' Fried Chicken, Rendezvous, The Peabody, and Majestic Grille are all within walking distance (all 5 blocks or less). I walked to the National Civil Rights Museum & Central BBQ (across the street from one another), although if 1/2 mile is too far, you can easily catch the trolley (there is a trolley stop just 2 blocks from the hotel).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 619. 619 was quiet and faced the Gibson Guitar Factory. Rooms on the other side...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great hotel in front of the FedEx Forum next to Hard Rock and all the bars at beale street. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the staff is very courteous. I will definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a king bed!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Westin was a great hotel. The atmosphere was nice. The room was great and plenty of room in the bathroom to get ready. It was VERY close to Beale St. AND to a Starbucks. Will definitely stay here again if I return to Memphis.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was surprised by some of the negative reviews. Our room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The bathroom is huge by hotel standards. Perhaps some rooms are different. You cannot beat the location - Beale Street is just around back and the Gibson guitar factory is directly across the street. As an extra touch, the hotel let's you select a Gibson guitar from the lobby display case to take to your room. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy, and overall we were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Beale St in Memphis this weekend (8-23/25-13) We usually stay at the Peabody but sadly they were booked. We payed the same price at the Westin that we would have at the Peabody. We when we checked in and went to the room the bathtub was tiny like won of those you would have in a Motel 6. I went to ask for another room but was told it was full due to 2 weddings. I reported while there I saw an accident in foyer with one of the quests(it had already been reported) and they asked if I saw what happened and I said yes. She called a manager over and I got a new room. They room was so much nicer I wondered (sarcasm)why I did not get that room in the first place. There was that Nestles Water bottles that when you open it it squeezes out the top, 3.00 plus 2 taxes. cheap cheap, Peabody had complimentary water and it offers Fuji. It really was a good idea for the water even if expensive as when I turned on the bathwater it ran brown for a very long time. Yuck!!! There was a mini bar and some little snack bar that if you pulled an item up to look at it, it automatically charged your room after 30 seconds...say hello to stale peanut m&ms for a cost of 8.00 plus 2 taxes. They did a little card on the front of the thing that told you that. Saturday morning we went to restaurant in the hotel, Bleu, ordered Blood Mary's. They came with no celery, olives , nothing! For 10.00 I should have a garden in those glasses . We asked for celery or olives and she said she did not think they had any. Really? asked for water never got that. The food was pretty good. The coffee was served in those mini teacups that I could not even get my finger into. Bottom line we will never go back to Memphis unless the Peabody has accommodations. We actually went there on Sat and sat in their lobby. Overall for the price we payed for valet parking and all the taxes it ended up costing us about 400.00 per night which is ridiculous compared too. And they charged a fee 100.00 that she said was for incidentals. I would have though since they already had a card if anything was broken or damaged that would have been easy without an additional charge. Overall very disappointed in our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Memphis Beale Street? Share your experiences!