“Just off Beale Street” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Memphis Beale Street

You added The Westin Memphis Beale Street to your Saves list
The Westin Memphis Beale Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 Lt. George Washington Lee Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #35 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“Just off Beale Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just a block off Beale Street and next to the Gibson Guitar Factory. Perfect for music lovers. The hotel is very modern with very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are spacious and quiet. If you stayed in a Westin before you know what you get. All Beale Street clubs are within a very short walk, the Fedex Forum is across the street as well. If you are interested in how guitares are being made, do the Gibson Factory tour! The best $10 spent. We used valet parking although there is a public garage next door, which we spotted only later. We would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Westin is a great place to stay, the location is fantastic, so many things are within walking distance, the Rooms are well furnished and comfortable, especially the Beds, and the Water pressure in the Shower is terrific.
We found the Staff helpful at all times, and our new friend, Carlos, in the Lobby Bar was so much fun to chat with.
Don't go anywhere else, everything is here.

Room Tip: They are all fine
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

In some cities it is best to locate close to where it is all happening and if you can stretch to it then Memphis is one such city. The Westin is just around the corner from the famous Beale Street and this is a street of music history not to be missed. The Westin is a quality hotel and this is reflected in the rooms, the staff and the overall ambiance. It is however a modern hotel and sits at the opposite end of the spectrum from Beale Street but it is nice to get back to the comforts after a night of touring the myriad of street venues to choose from.

The hotel is opposite the Gibson guitar factory and one really nice touch for any guitar pickers is that there is a cabinet of Gibson guitars in the hotel foyer. Better still is the fact that room service will deliver any one of them to your room for you to play with for a while.

Car parking in the adjoining multi storey car park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels looking out over Beale Street. We were on the ninth floor and the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

westin was a great place to stay, very mod; it's an incredibly short walking distance to the "action" on beale. I liked that you needed the key to go up to your room...as you are close to beale and who knows who could come off the street! the room is very comfortable, nice bed. the bathroom is really huge! the only complaint I had was that the shower didn't drain well at all! I called downstairs to let them know when we checked out. hopefully they fixed it. anyway, if you're going to Memphis and want to stay in a nice place by beale, this is it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was my birthday and all I wanted was a night away from the world. When I arrived to the hotel, I was greeted by an amazingly nice guest services associate, Amanda. She was awesome and when she found out it was my birthday, she said, "Happy Birthday" and told me to go have a drink on her at the restaurant inside the hotel. I thought that was a very nice way to start off my night away from the world. When I got to my room everything was nice and clean and the bathroom was very spacious. The beds were heavenly soft and I slept like a baby. Anytime I called down to the front desk, everyone that answered the phone was very pleasant. The extended hours for breakfast was also great because I slept in late and ordered breakfast as in-room dining. When the young lady brought my food up she was pleasant and helpful. I just enjoyed my night and wished I had much longer to stay but I had to get back to the world and my children. I would recommend everyone to stay at this property, especially if you want a night away from the world.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Deer Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughters, best friend and I went to Memphis for a girls weekend. We arrived Thursday mid- day and were the only ones registering. Everyone was friendly and the check-in went great! There were 5 of us, so we got 2 rooms. The hotel is nice and clean. There were guitars in a case by the front desk and we assumed they were for show. You can actually check them out and take them to your room. (The Gibson Guitar place is just across the street) The Rock and Soul Museum is on the other corner. We walked around the corner to Beale Street. (Did not rent a car on this trip) We stayed for 3 nights and got to listen to lots of great music! We also went to Graceland and did the tour. Had a great time there as well.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in the back of the hotel. There is a barbehind the hotel we went to every nig...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Chicopee, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Came to Memphis for a weekend away and the Westin was the perfect spot to rest my head, I decided to save my money on a rental car and the Westin was perfectly located so I really didn't miss anything by not having a car. It was right on Beale with all its amazing restaurants, live music and attractions, across the street from the Rock and Soul museum and the Gibson Guitar factory, about a mile from Sun Studios (that was a bit of a walk but it was a nice day), and there was a shuttle to get to Graceland just outside of the Rock and Soul museum. everyone at the Westin was super helpful and really great and professional. the room was really comfortable... and the bathroom... OMG, multi head shower... thats all I have to say, will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Memphis!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Memphis Beale Street? Share your experiences!