“My Favorite is the Gumbo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of King's Palace Cafe

King's Palace Cafe
162 Beale St, Memphis, TN 38103 (Downtown)
1-901-525-3891
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 57 Nightlife in Memphis
Type: Blues Bars, Jazz Bars, Bars
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
16 attraction reviews
“My Favorite is the Gumbo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Some of the best Gumbo I've ever had. They also had a delicious chicken dish that I think may have been called VooDoo Chicken. Pleasant entertainment & service.

Visited August 2011

Worthing, England
21 attraction reviews
“Food not memorable, music superb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We sauntered the length of Beale St before deciding on this place to eat. The decision was based purely on the fact that it had the quietest music. There was a loud band outside, true, but inside it was tranquil, with only the occasional intrusion when the connecting door was opened.

The menu offered the usual Southern choices but I can't actually recall what we ordered. It was fine and tasty, I'm sure. But the true memories will lie with the guitarist who transported the crowd to a serene plateau filled with silky blues guitar and a mellow, delicate voice. Loved it.

Visited February 2012
Northwestern Ohio
23 attraction reviews
“Feels like stepping back in time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The beautiful old architecture of this place gives it such character and ambiance. The staff is super nice and the food is excellent! Have actually been here several times in the past, was there this week and will go back this weekend before we leave town.

Visited March 2012
Fairfield
“Best Food on Beale Street !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I ate there twice during our visit to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl. The service was excellent as was the music and food. Every dish was freshly prepared and the waiter bent over backwards to ensure our needs were met. Even with a capacity crowd, service did not suffer. We can't wait to return to Memphis to enjoy yet another fine dinner at Kings Palace:)

Dave & Holly
Fairfield, Ohio

Visited December 2011
Jonesboro, Arkansas
59 attraction reviews
“Wonderful! Will eat there again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family and I ate at King's Palace this past Saturday night. First of all, the food was terrific and the portions were very large! They have a number of unique items on their menu (like Voodoo potatoes - yummy!) The service was excellent, especially when I consider how busy the place was during the peak hours of Saturday night. The waitress was even kind enough to take a photo for us. The decor is really classy, and I enjoyed looking at the paintings that covered the walls. They have a wonderful house band.

Visited June 2011