“Terrible Stay. Unfriendly Staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Memphis

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Memphis to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Memphis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3524 Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38116 (Formerly Scottish Inn & Suites Memphis)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #53 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“Terrible Stay. Unfriendly Staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

don't go. staff watches people in creepy ways. breakfast was poor and they watched us closely as we ate. they only provided two towels in the room for our family of 4. when we ask for two additional towels they informed us that they were counting how many towels we had. it made us feel like they thought we were stealing their towels. of course we were not going to steal their towels.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

After our unpleasant night at Motel 6, we came here. We were greeted pleasantly and we were happy with our stay. We were happy with the room and the cleanliness. The peace was kept when we called about kids jumping off the bed above us. About 2:30 in the morning we were awoke with a loud couple that were "having relations". The front desk said that they would have called the room but we did nothing about it. Who are we to stop love. hehehe
We were on our way to Graceland and they checked us in before time and we came back later after visiting our destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Working in the hospitality business you always look for that first impression; it has it. From the front gates that can be only access by your room card, the gentleman at the front desk greeted me at 1am like it was 10am, with a big smile on his face. .. Now the Rooms.. OMG. For this price I didn't expect this.... nice, spacious, clean, fridge, microwave.... etc.. If I come to Memphis again my family and I will be staying here. Loved My Room 107!!

• Stayed March 2013
Hiddenite, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel was an EXCELLENT place to stay. The rooms were large, clean, and reasonably priced. The woman that runs this hotel was very friendly. We were orginally booked at a different hotel, but had to leave it because it was nasty and we didn't feel safe there. We found this hotel in walking distance to Graceland and it was a lifesaver. The rooms were so clean and comfortable. The property is secure and safe. The only way to access the property is through a locked gate tha requires a code or room key. I can honestly say the money I spent was well worth it. The room was priced great and if I was to return to Memphis again this is the place I would stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We were very satisfied with our stay there for 3 days, July 27-30 2012. The rooms are large and were clean. We were treated very nice. Do not pay attention to the bad comments from others. It comes down to how you treat others. The staff were very helpful. Yes, they do have rules not to take food out of lobby. No big deal to us. We enjoyed sitting down in the lobby and meeting other travelers. We also got to know the staff. Treated us nicely. We recommend staying at the Scottish Inn anytime. People need to get over the petty rules and just show respect to others.

Room Tip: Just do your research. We were skeptical of the bad comments, but wanted to find out for ourselves.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saginaw, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I really liked the gated entry into the hotel it made me feel secure in this neighborhood. You would think that the neighborhood would be more upper class with Graceland being only two blocks down the street. This was my second trip to Memphis and I sure don't remember it being like this the last time I was there. The last time I was there was about 30+ years ago and I sure don't recall the area being that bad. OK, back to the hotel, I would recommend this hotel as the price was reasonable and the rooms are very large and seemed very clean. I usually stay at Holiday Inn's and we all know how nice they are however, this was good for the money. The staff was friendly. They do accommodate for dogs however, they charge $25.00 a day. In regards to their free breakfast if you want any of it you better get there before 9:00 a.m., I think it was 6:00 am to 9:00 am and they clean up at 8:50 am. Not much to choose from two different dried cereals, fresh fruit must of been gone as I didn't see any. I also can say I really like the water pressure in the shower, however, the towels were not that great. All in all this is a good place to stay for the price unless you are really looking for the upper class hotel and cost. I did not get a chance to swim in the pool however, I can say it looked clean and it was small. The room I had looked like it had recently been remodel as the carpet looked very new. I also like the large flat screen TV on the wall. I am a smoker and was surprised to get a smoking room, as I thought you could no longer smoke in hotels. All in all a good place to stay for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
bangor N.I.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We arrived after along drive from Atlanta and were tired. We looked like we were in the wrong side of town and were impressed by the electric gates. We took a room which was ok and functional the breakfast was dire but the staff allowed us to leave the car there while we went to graceland a saving of $10 which was appreciated. Not a great hotel but it was ok

Room Tip: only use this for a visit to graceland there are better hotels out there
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Memphis? Share your experiences!