“Best bartender in Memphis!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eighty3 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,292 Restaurants in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Memphis Trolley line - Main St and Madison
Description: At eighty3, we have a real passion for extraordinary taste, and good times. The vision, inspired by nationally renowned Consulting Chef, Rodelio Aglibot, is about globally inspired cuisine with southern sensibilities and designed for sharing or traditional dining. Eighty3 is the place to meet, to toast, to create life experiences, and share imaginative plates. Passion food. Share amongst yourselves.
Naples, Florida
“Best bartender in Memphis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We live next door and we come in to Grill 83 all the time. Their food is okay, a bit over priced, but the real reason we come in all the time is because of Murphy! She's the best bartender and as long as she's behind the bar, we'll keep coming in!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Whole experience was horrible..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

The food was absolutely digusting and way over priced. My fiance got food poisoning two hours after we ate. The food was extremely over seasoned, everything had way too much pepper on it. The staff was nice but for four people eating it took an hour and forty five minutes to eat with out dessert. Way too long of a wait since you don't want to spend your whole vacation in a restaurant. And on a weekend at normal dinner hours the restaurant was dead, there was only three tables and it still took forever. Do not waste your time!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
brawley, ca
“hugely disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

Went to Memphis to visit my son for Thanksgiving. Wanted something different for dinner other than a buffet.

Was seated right away, next to the kitchen.

There was a choice of 3 entrees. The turkey/ham option did not include mashed potatoes. Those were offered on the lamb shank option. I asked if we could substitute the mashed potatoes for the yams on the turkey and was told no. I don't particularly like lamb shank but I ordered it so my son could have mashed potatoes. Honestly, how difficult could this have been? First of all, at the price of $42.00 I don't want to have the impression that I am being served a pre-plated meal.

The maitre'd came over and agreed to give my son mashed potatoes. I changed my order to the turkey as well.

butternut squash soup was excellent.

The entrees, so so.

My son had pumpkin cheesecake for dessert which he said was fine. I had the pecan pie which was not so good. I wasn't even offered coffee.

But the final insult came when the check arrived. I was charged for a bloody mary which I had not ordered and a 21% gratuity which I wasn't expecting. Did they possibly think I was going to stiff the waitress? Too bad because she did her best and I would have left a larger tip. When the "corrected" check came back, I noticed I was also charged for the higher priced lamb shank entree which I did not have but by then I just wanted to get out of there.

Maybe they do a little better on a regular night but I would never go back there. Next year we eat at the Peabody!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
birmingham uk
“fantastic food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

The restaurant was very quiet when we entered, in fact we were the only table sat. The service was superb and very attentive.
The quality of the food served was of a high standard.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very eclectic menu and wonderful bar. Fantastic hotel and rooftop view for tourists.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

Been to Eighty3? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Eighty3, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.