“Arguably the best BBQ in town” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 1,271 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Brussels, Belgium
“Arguably the best BBQ in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Corky's is an institution and has arguably the best BBQ ribs. While people can get religious about the supremacy of either Midsouthern vs Texn BBQ i have to admit that Corky's dry ribs are sensational and melt in your mouth. A fun place to hang out with friends, quite crowded and noisy but with great selections of beer to chill out.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, NC
“BBQ and beer and music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Good food, ridiculously fast! Too bad my order was messed up, but since it was my first time eating here, I went ahead and stuck with the smoked sausage on my combo plate, which was quite delicious. I am glad I did because I waited another 10 minutes for my hushpuppies when I was finally told that "they had run ou of them." Oh and I forgot to mention that the waitress never even entered my nacho appetizer. No need actually because there was plenty of food to go around so in hindsight I am glad she forgot. And, the food was good, tender meat, flavorful. I think that for my waitress the hectic Friday night was a little overwhelming. And maybe she could also invest in a notepad to write down her orders :/ It was like it was too busy for her to listen. Despite this I enjoyed the meal, would recommend that bbq fans give it a try. For the money you can't go wrong. I brought my 7 year old who loved the food and atmosphere. Very crowded on Friday night, probably not good for large groups, didn't appear to have much space.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“kept going back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Absolutely delicious BBQ. Had both the dry and wet ribs. Both were great. The hushpuppies were unbelievably light. I can understand how Elvis got so big eating in Memphis

Visited December 2013
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

The service was friendly.
Nice atmosphere, food was great.
We loved the choices of bbq sauces.
Parking was very difficult, other than that nice place

Trinidad, Colorado
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Corky's BBQ was recommended to us by the front desk at the hotel we stayed at while in Memphis. I checked TripAdvisor and found it to be #2 on the list of BBQ places in town, so our minds were made up.
Corky's was amazing. The food was perfectly cooked, so tender and flavorful. The service was friendly, knowledgable and quick. I would recommend anyone passing through Memphis to try Corky's. (plan on leftovers. The portions are plentiful!)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Corky's BBQ? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Corky's BBQ, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.