“One of, if not THE best BBQ in the south!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 1,262 restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Alabama, United States
“One of, if not THE best BBQ in the south!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've been to some of the bigger name BBQ places in the south and Corky's is by far the best. I've tried the ribs and the pulled pork, but I keep coming back to the pulled pork. The meat is very lean and has a nice smokey flavor without being overpowering. The BBQ sauce tops it off perfectly! My wife tried the loaded potato, something I had never tried there, this visit and gave it her seal of approval as well.

As always, the servers were very friendly and quick to take our order and get our food out to us as well. They didn't even forget about us after they got us our food...something some resturants tend to do.

84% Recommend
Buffalo Grove, Illinois, United States
“Awesome dry rubbed Memphis ribs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

While staying in Memphis we wanted some real bbq, so we went to yelp and found Corky's really close to the Hilton, where we stayed. The place is filled with the photographs of celebrities who dined there, so it makes it kind of interesting to check out all the autographs. The ribs themselves were amazing. Dry rubber Memphis style - the service is really quick, we waited longer to get seated. The flavor is plentiful and of course they have their own bbq sauces - I like apple the most. After sharing a slab of ribs with my husband we did not try deserts, but they looked amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Saved by the Bar B Que !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Grueling drive back from St. Louis, starving & tired. Had seen ad about Corky's so thought we would give it a try. Atmosphere fun and cheerful. Service was impeccable, quick and friendly. Now for the Bar B Que. The ribs were unbelievable fall off the bone delicious. Had so much fun bought a comical t-shirt to help spread the Bar B Que word. Thank you Corky's. Job well done !

“BBQ HEAVEN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

If God needed a BBQ restaurant in Heaven, he'd pick Corky's. I had the pleasure of eating their ribs 10 years ago at a New Years Eve party in Wisconsin. The host had them overnighted. It was great to experience the atmosphere and food in person. I had smoked turkey sandwich and hush puppies. Delicious! My brother had BBQ chicken nachos and would have preferred something different.

Visited August 2013
Chicago
“Salty food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family was not impressed. We called in a to go order and the guy at the bar when I went to pick up our food had to be new and in desperate need of training. He had to call the bartender over multiple times to help him put my order (that I had called in) into the system. He then proceeded to go over my order with me two times. Only for my order to still be given to be incomplete and wrong. We were missing a side salad, and I had ordered no bacon on the other salad, and chicken sandwiches. But guess what bacon was on everything! Also the chicken on the salad and in the sandwiches was extremely salty. We couldn’t even eat the chicken on the salad it was so salty. I fault myself for not noticing I was missing the side salad before I left the restaurant. But I don’t think I should have had to check the sandwiches to see if bacon was on them. With two little ones we didn’t want to go back after getting settled into the hotel room so we just made a note to ourselves that we won’t be revisiting Corky’s.

Visited July 2013