“BIG disappointment!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Cordova, TN
“BIG disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I dined at Buckley's on Poplar for the first time last week. Not only was the food unacceptable but the Management response to the situation was horrific! I usually do not take the time and effort to submit a restaurant review but our experience needs to be known. When we entered the restaurant, we were greeted warmly and seated quickly. The restaurant was not busy at 7:30pm... only four tables occupied so we were a little skeptical but decided to give it a try anyway. We are regulars at Andrew Michael's Italian Kitchen, River Oaks Restaurant, Acorn, and Folk's Folly's but decided to try something other than our usual dining spot. *BIG MISTAKE*! I ordered the chopped steak with mushroom sauce and my wife ordered a grilled chicken salad. The entrees were on the table in about 7 minutes so not much time or attention went into the preparation. I must say I have had better chopped steak at Piccadilly Cafeteria! As my wife begin eating her salad, she noticed a LONG BLACK CURLY HAIR in the middle of her salad. We immediately brought it to the attention of the server who stated "sorry, can I get you something else?" Needless to say my wife had lost her appetite and did not want to order anything else. The waitress stated she would mention it to the Manager but he did not take the time to come to our table to offer an apology or anything else. We left hungry and disappointed. The next day I contacted the owner of Buckley's - Ken. He was non-apologetic about the situation as well as condescending and stated he had regular customer's who ate at Buckley's weekly and he was not concerned about "a single hair in a salad." Really? I would suffice it to say he needs to brush up on his customer service skills and he should know by now how very important it is to take care of EVERY customer. Eat here at your own risk!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Best in Memphis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I love eating at buckleys whenever I am in town from Birmingham. The food is wonderful. I originally found out about buckleys ma'am couple of years ago when Hilton focused service (homewood and hampton) had a gm meeting and brought their GMs here for dinner. I always seem to get the delta shrimp and grits, bu I have also had the steak and the chopped steak. All of their foodis wonderful. I have actually met the owners and managers, as they are very present and always talking to the guests and helping in the restaurant. But, make a reservation so that you do not have to wait long. They are very busy, but do a good job maintaining a quiet enjoyable atmosphere.

memphis
“Comfort food for the body and soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

First of all, Buckley's is owned by two locals gentlemen born and bred who truly want to give back to their community. Somehow that "really nice people" feel comes through the moment you walk in the door. The owners are there to welcome and seat you, the wait staff have all been there for years and you just feel like you are an old friend dropping by each and every time, no matter how busy it is. Each time I go I know I should try something new, but the steaks are just so perfect each time and I end up getting the filet without fail! The loaded potatoes are to die for and my husband always gets the Key West vegetables and is quite pleased. The creamed spinach really shouldn't be missed as well. The service is always wonderful and the atmosphere very cozy. The prices are just right and we feel it's an excellent value. I only wish they would serve the key lime pie for dessert year round!

• Visited February 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great local steakhouse.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a locally owned restaurant know for it's steaks. Very nice atmosphere, great service. In the past year or so they have expanded their menu and now have a couple of really good fish dishes, pastas, etc. Never disappointed!

Visited December 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
“Terriffic food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Buckley's is one of my favorites in Memphis. On my recent visit, they quickly seated our large party. Service was prompt and generous. The food was tasty and our group had a large sampling of items from the menu. The bacon green beans should not be missed.

• Visited June 2012