“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blues City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,292 Restaurants in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2ND STREET
Transit: Bus and Taxi pick up and drop off are done directly across the street from our front door along with a Trolley Stop about one block away.
Lismore, Australia
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This isn't the BBQ around, although the stuffed mushrooms were great. The ribs and pulled pork and sides were okay. We got talking with the guys who worked there late one night as we waited for our order and they were great, super friendly and very helpful. Where else can you order BBQ at 1.30 in the morning and go pick it up. The gumbo was good actually.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“The total southern/blues/BBQ experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The food was delish!! The gumbo, my personal fav, although the ribs are to die for too. The complete Beale Street experience, and good. What more could you ask for? Doug treated us like royalty and that's priceless!! Def check it out. Anyone visiting Beale must give it a try!

Madison, Indiana
“Memphis ribs!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Best ribs I have ever had!!! I noticed that my clothes seemed to smell like the place along time after I left:(

Melbourne, Australia
“SO GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went twice over a few days. This place looks like it might just be a tourist trap, but it's not. Locals rate it as the best and I know why. I had the half ribs with fries, coleslaw and beans. You would die very young if you ate like this all the time, but there's no better place to treat yourself with Southern food on holiday.

Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“Best ribs I have ever had. Ever. Period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was in the Memphis area on a work training. A few of us "foodies" in the group decided to search for the best BBQ/Ribs in Memphis. After compiling reviews of other reviews, we picked BCC. We were seated right away. Our server had charm and personality as did the other employees. Don't miss this... I order a half rack and they did not disappoint. I mean, delicious, fall off the bone (which I never understood until now) and succulent. The cole slaw accompaniment was perfect with my meal. Other dishes (I didnt have but the other people did) not to miss... gumbo and the apple cobbler skillet. Amazing.

If Im ever in Memphis again, Ill be here. Cleaning my plate.