“Better BBQ than I remembered! Very meaty ribs.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blues City Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,272 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2ND STREET
Transit: Bus and Taxi pick up and drop off are done directly across the street from our front door along with a Trolley Stop about one block away.
Lakeland TN
“Better BBQ than I remembered! Very meaty ribs.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was very pleased with our dinning experience. We were seated quickly and had friendly service.
I came here a few years a go and was not impressed. I thought the BBQ was average and the ribs small and dry. This time it was so much better!!! I had a full rack of ribs and finished every bit of them. My sister and the waiter were kidding me that they could not believe that I ate every bit of them without any help. My husband had the gumbo and was very surprised how good it was. Some of the best he has had. We will be back again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best gumbo in the midsouth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

If you like gumbo, you will love some BCC! Great customer service and atmosphere, we went during lunch hr.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento Valley
“Very Good Service But Average BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

November 2011. We had the opportunity to visit this establishment. Service was very good but the BBQ was average at best. We enjoyed our best BBQ experience in both Lockhart, TX and Austin TX, but while in Memphis, we preferred Charlie Verdugo's Rendevouz.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Port Orange, Florida
“Great ribs, friendly, terrific service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Nice music, terrific service, 4 of us dining, very reasonably priced, food was really good. I was not enthusiastic about going, the live music did not appeal to me as we need to chat during dinner, but the music was great, not too loud, the waitress let us eat and drink at our slow pace, and we enjoyed the evening and food. Very casual

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
HOUSTON, TEXAS
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very good ribs but not the best in town. However, I think it's the best rib spot in downtown. Price reflects location. Many other better choices if you want to drive. On the other hand, if your staying at a downtown hotel and have driven all day to get to Memphis, docking the car for the evening and walking to everything sure is inviting. You should try this place at least once and see what YOU think. It's also living history. Just think of all the music greats who have dined here over the years...I think that might have been Elvis out there in the back room...