“Food was average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bhan Thai

Bhan Thai
1324 Peabody Ave, Memphis, TN 38104-3500 (Midtown)
901-272-1538
Neighborhood: Midtown
Memphis, Tennessee
“Food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Pad thai was below mark. It was missing peanuts (they forgot) and the oil tasted a little stale.
Spring rolls had too much oil.
Dont remember the name but it was a chefs specialty in seafood with Squid, calamari, fish & shells, I loved the flavor.
I would only go back to this place for its super ambiance and outside seating.

• Visited November 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Thai!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my other favorite Thai places in Memphis (wish it were closer - has a great patio). If you come here, you have to order the tum kha soup and the spicy beef salad. If you don't, you'll wish you had every time you leave!

Visited September 2013
“A crummy server will ruin your business.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My son and I went to Bhan Thai for dinner last night. Before we left the house I checked online to make sure we were not going to be popping in too late. Business hours quoted that they were open until 9:30pm.
We arrived at about 8:35 at the patio. There were 4 open tables and no one waiting. First the waiter directed us to the worst table on the patio. (the one in the back, near the door that leads to the kitchen.) I asked if we could be seated elsewhere and pointed to one that was further away. First he looked annoyed, then checked a booklet in his hand (? don't know what that was-as I don't think they take reservations), then he walked away and around to the other side of the bar. ?? Finally he came and looked at me and then his watch (!) and said that he guessed that he would not have any large parties coming that would need that particular table. He then said, "Well, we close at 9:00 so I guess it's alright that you have that table." I then questioned him and said that it was my understanding that the restaurant was open until 9:30. He said,,,"No, we close down at 9 to 9:15. WTH.
We were seated. My son's comment at this point was, "Oh, crap!" I had to agree. The rest of our meal did not get any better. He was served a Corona beer. Waiter sort of flippantly asked, "Oh,,do you want a lime?" More like, "You DON'T want a lime, do you?"
Throughout the evening our server never smiled, never said "welcome", just barely did his job. Very disappointing. Drinks are pricey, food is pricey.
Lovely location, pretty good food (not outstanding) and crap service.
Oh,,and the owner of this place hung out behind the bar talking loudly and smoking cigarettes.
Hmmm. I may have given too many stars......

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Easton, Maryland
“Not for the gluten-free”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and the waiters are really friendly and eager to please. However, there are NOT many gluten-free choices at all--the Pad Thai, one appetizer, and the crispy duck (without sauce) were all I had to choose from. Without sauce, the duck was a bit bland.

My husband had the mustard spring rolls which he found interesting but not impressive, and the massaman curry which was pretty good.

A previous review mentioned that she had gluten-free curry--be careful, there is soy sauce in it which makes is NOT gluten free.

• Visited September 2013
collierville, tn
“Midtown local hang out~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Unique! It's in a house dine inside or out. Live music on patio w outdoor Christmas lights to set the scene. Parking is bad beware!
Best Thai food around and if it says hot it really is hot. If weather is nice I encourage sitting outdoors.

• Visited August 2013