“A Solid Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cracker Barrel
8000 Lowrance Rd, Memphis, TN 38125-2869 (Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD)
(901) 757-0269
Neighborhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Easton, Pennsylvania
“A Solid Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

On the evening of Thursday, September 5th, we stopped in at the CrackerBarrel Restaurant for dinner. The hostess immediately seated us and our server, Brittany, who was very friendly and courteous to my brother and me, took our orders promptly.

The restaurant sported the typical country style décor. It was also clean.

My brother ordered the Cracker Barrel Sampler, which he stated was good with the exception of the dumplings. He just didn’t care for them.
I ordered the open face roast beef sandwich, covered with gravy. I was hungry that night and when the meal came out, it looked as I expected it to look and tasted as I expected it to taste. We both walked out of the restaurant satisfied.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago
“the reason we avoid the chains”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

food was far from hot, green beans were mush, corn bread muffins like bricks. Too much salt in the meal. This was the place of choice by a member of our fellow travelers. I won't be back to any Cracker Barrell for years to come.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nirvana
“A bit disorganized but great chow...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

They just seemed a bit out of sorts at the South Memphis location near Steak and Shake and Four Points Sheraton but still tasty...friendly...just off a bit

Visited April 2013
Bay City, Michigan
2,091 helpful votes 2,091 helpful votes
“Was this the last Cracker Barrel of our vacation??.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We always eat at a couple of Cracker Barrels on vacation, especially in the South. We found this pretty late in the day and we were so glad it was there. We got there right before closing and we were starving.

I had my favorite-broccoli cheddar chicken and the DH had his favorite breakfast meal. All was good, as usual. Service was a bit slow at this CB, but friendly. The store wanted to kick us out but I did take a gander around before I was pulled out by that DH. It was late and we still had a good drive ahead of us.

So, I got back at him and we ate breakfast at a CB in KY the next morning. CB, they must love me! And we love them back! Always recommend for a chain restaurant with good down home comfort food. Bathrooms clean, large parking lot, friendly workers.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Good food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived with an entire soccer team and their families in tow and were treated with nothing but genuine smiles and hard work by all of the staff. The lady who sat us found a corner we could all occupy and even brought the stragglers in to sit by us. The servers were very friendly and helpful and never batted an eye at our big table full of giggling girls. The food was definitely up to Cracker barrel's usual standards. And to the staff's credit, our big confusing order came out exactly correct and in a decent amount of time. One of our girls left a jacket behind and the young man clearing the tables chased us down at the front of the store to get it to her.

• Visited November 2012