“Try the cornish game hens.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 1,199 Restaurants in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
“Try the cornish game hens.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

Try the cornish game hens.

Ohio
“Maybe my expectations were too high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

After a less than steller experience at the Rendezvous, my husband and I tried the Cozy Corner. The food was head and shoulders above the Rendezvous but in my judgment did not live up to its billing. We ordered take-out shortly before closing. My ribs were dry although they had good flavor. The beans and slaw were fine but not exceptional by any means. My husband tried the brisket sandwich, which he pronounced to be good. All in all, there was nothing wrong, but nothing great, either. I'd like to give the restaurant another chance in case this was an off day.

Colorado
“Not very good...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

I feel like this is one of those bbq joints that people think is good because others say it's good.

My boyfriend and I went to Cozy Corner for lunch today and we both got the ribs-- they were VERY chewy (think beef jerky) and had large amounts of fat on them. The bbq sauce was ok, but nothing particularly special (My boyfriend said the hot bbq sauce made the ribs acceptable instead of disappointing). We also both got bbq corn which was a big mistake-- just soggy and chewy and tasteless. I have heard Cozy Corner was known for their Cornish hens, so maybe ribs weren't the way to go...

But if they aren't popular then why were they out of ribs at 1:30pm? (the guy behind us left because they ran out)

Sweet Tea was abnormally sweet, literally made my teeth hurt, and the coke was completely flat. We also had to wait about 20 minutes for our food.

BUT... all that said, it seemed as though other people were enjoying their ribs/food...so maybe we just got a bad batch? Plus a boy who couldn't have been older than 10 took our order and I found him to be unbelievably cute.

Check it out if you want, but I suggest getting 1 or 2 ribs to try before you waste your money on a whole rack.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I know this is a Memphis...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

I know this is a Memphis BBQ legend, but I just really didn't like it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My Memphis favorite in a...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2008

My Memphis favorite in a town of really good bbq. Ribs, Cornish hen and bbq baloney are my favorites. Beans and slaw quite tasty. And they play good jazz. Great place for Saturday lunch. Open only for lunch.