“Real Deal Ribs and BBQ - GET SOME TODAY!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 1,271 Restaurants in Memphis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Memphis, Tennessee
“Real Deal Ribs and BBQ - GET SOME TODAY!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went there with a friend from work. Honestly when arrived I almost made him leave. Looking at the surroundings, I was thinking that it can't be that good, there is nothing around here. We waited about 15mins for another friend to arrive and in that time I saw the place go from empty to packed. When we walked in the door, it was clear from the smell that this was real down home smoking action. Having dined on bbq from all over the mid-south, St Louis, even the Carolinas, I have some experience on the matter. After this initial visit, we have darkened this door way MANY MANY times. The ribs are hands down the best ribs you will ever put in your mouth. They are moist, have a wonderful seasoning and are full of that smokey flavor. The pulled pork is always excellent smothered in their own seasonings and sauce. Even the baked beans or BBQ spaghetti they serve as sides with the meals is excellent. I have never tried the Cornish Hen, but I hear it is excellent. I have no issue with the Cornish hen, I just go for the pulled pork or ribs when I am there.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta
“The real deal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This a no frills BBQ joint. Been open for almost 40 years. 100% the best BBQ place I've ever been to. Pork and ribs are some of the best I've ever had. Skip the quail.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Memphis, Tennessee
“definitely cozy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I ate at Cozy Corner with my husband one Saturday afternoon. I got the pulled pork sandwich and my husband got the smoked sausage sandwich. It was very affordable and the employees were very friendly. There is a smoker right in the restaurant so you walk into a wonderfully smoky smell! I haven't tried a lot of Memphis BBQ, but if you like smoky BBQ it's worth the stop. Food comes out on Styrofoam plates so it’s definitely a casual place to check out. We had no problem getting to the restaurant. It’s right off the main road, and just a short drive from Mud Island.

Visited March 2013
Falmouth, Maine
“The Best Ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We took a 3 hour food tour (which turned out to be 4 1/2 hours) of the best BBQ restaurants in Memphis. We had great BBQ in the six restaurants on the tour. Cozy Corner was the best--it was fantastic. We were staying 25 miles outside of Memphis but on our last night we drove in to Cozy Corner for our last Memphis dinner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A piece of Americana-with sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This place was the one restaurant that kept being suggested over and over again. So on my way home I had to stop. The Cornish hen was tender, fall off the bone good. And smokey flavor just perfect with the sauce added to the final product topped it off.
The atmosphere is one of diner meet BBQ joint. It was perfect. Dont let the outside look deter you from going inside. Inside is clean, comfy, and filled. Lots of customers coming for take out orders as well as dining in. Service was fast, friendly, and willing to offer suggestions to those who ask for help deciding.

Dont forget to save room for mamas sweet potatoe pie. Mmmmm,
I ordered ribs to go for me the next day and for my boss (thanks for the vacation type of offering). I enjoyed 2 meals from mine. I had the Medium spice and it was perfect. I think the hot would be worth trying next time. A little sign on the counter tells that Medium sauce is for those who enjoy some spice in life but are afraid to order Hot. that was me. Next time I will be willing to be more daring. Loved the slice of white bread served with the meal. It reminded me of growing up in the Wonder Bread era of the USA. Glad to see it still has a purpose- to sop up sauce of course.

I was surpised to see BBQ spagetti as a side dish.

• Visited March 2013