“Best Breakfast in Memphis!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brother Juniper's College Inn

Brother Juniper's College Inn
3519 Walker Ave, Memphis, TN 38111-5917 (University Area Neighborhood Association)
901-324-0144
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
Memphis, Tennessee
“Best Breakfast in Memphis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

So maybe this isn’t a fair title since I haven’t actually tried every breakfast spot in Memphis, but so far Brother Juniper’s is our absolute favorite!

My husband got the “Garden Omelet” which is stuffed with gyro meat, feta, mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, and green onions. It came with a biscuit on the side and cheesy grits. My husband really enjoyed his whole breakfast! I don’t really like omelets, but he raved about his so I decided to try it. Turns out, I still don’t love omelets, haha! It was fine, but not my favorite thing to eat. However, those cheesy grits. Um, delicious! I didn’t even know I liked grits, but I sure like the cheesy ones at Brother Juniper’s!

I ordered biscuits and gravy topped with sausage. It was one of the best tasting breakfasts I’ve ever had. The biscuits are SO fluffy! I am a big eater, but I couldn’t get through half of this breakfast because the gravy was so rich. It was absolutely delicious. Just thinking about it makes me want to go back for breakfast soon!

Visited January 2014

Germantown, Tennessee
“Good food. Service needs improvement. ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went for a late breakfast on a weekday. Seated without a wait. Ordered unsweet tea and was served sweet. My omelet was brought to me with grits instead of the potatoes I ordered. Had to wait to get the servers attention to point it out. Pretty sure it was the wrong plate overall. Plate was replaced with correct omelet and sides. Then had to wait for the rest of our order. Food was good, not great. But the service was certainly lacking.

Tennessee
“Breakfast great, service lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I went to Father Junipers this past Friday. We had a small wait, but it was not a problem. We were at table 2. The biggest problem was the service. I believe the server forgot us. It took 10 minutes to get drinks and another 10 minutes to order. The saving grace was that the food was worth the wait. My daughter got a veggie omelet, and I got a ham and cheese omlet. They were both great. We will return, but I hope the service is better.

Visited May 2014
“Don't leave Memphis without going!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

It's a must do. A Memphis breakfast tradition. It's a popular place so be prepared to wait. Send someone ahead of your group or family to put your name on the list! It close to the U of M and popular with students so it's packed packed packed on the weekends! It's the best breakfast in my opinion. Great coffee options and DELICIOUS food.

Memphis
“Rude rude rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Told us the wait was 30 to 45 minutes. After 45 mins i went to ask how much longer. The girl at the front said there were two more ahead of us. After 30 more mins i asked again and she said we could sit at the community table. I said i didn't want that and that i wanted to be in the other room. She said i could sit at the table in the waiting area as soon as it was cleaned. So i sat there and we waited another half hour. The waiter kept ignoring us. Finally got him to bring menus that he threw on table as he ran by. Then never came back to take orders. After 30 more mins i went to front and told them we had no waiter. The waiter who was up there said " you can't just sit down without checking in first". I told him we did check in and have been here for 2 hours. The girls up front confirmed this. He never apologized and gave us bad service. I will never return

• Visited September 2013