“Great Breakfast...can't believe I never came here before” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brother Juniper's College Inn

Brother Juniper's College Inn
3519 Walker Ave, Memphis, TN 38111-5917 (University Area Neighborhood Association)
901-324-0144
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: University Area Neighborhood Association
West Tennessee
“Great Breakfast...can't believe I never came here before”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went to Memphis State University back in the 80s and I'm so sad I never knew this place was right next door to the Tiger Bookstore. What a great, small, "hole in the wall" place with some of the best staff and EXCELLENT food!

We had the Denver omelet, cheesy grits, and my wife had the special #2 (eggs, bacon, biscuit). The preserves for your bread were great. The coffee was fantastic...they even have a coffee bar while you wait (and you will wait as this is no longer a secret place).

I have so many other things I want to try next time...can't wait for my return to Brother Junipers!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta
“Truly the best breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Wow! Worth the wait for sure! Went on a Sunday morning and had to wait 45 minutes. Enjoyed the coffee bar. I had the veggie omelet and hash browns. My husband had the hungry tiger. We ordered the "special pancake" which was to die for. It was a cinnamon roll pancake which had probably 2000 calories, but worth every bite!

Cazu247@Hotmail.com
“Big portions good service good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

we ate there for breakfast and the place was packed. The claim is the best breakfast in Memphis. I had the chorizo burrito and the chorizo was not spicy. It was bland and the salsa was ok. The grits are watery and average. However the bread and jam are absolutely delicious. The coffee is strong and hot. I would not wait 30- 40 minutes again to have breakfast again. The service is very good and pleasant.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Illinois
“A Reason to Wait a For Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Let me begin by saying that I am not that much of a breakfast person. I eat it because we are supposed to, it is the most important meal of the day, blah, blah, blah. I also want to say that I consider myself a foodie. I enjoy all types of food and have eaten in restaurants all over the world. I read the reviews about this place, drove 1 hour from Mississippi to give it a shot, waited in line for 1 hour and have never been more pleased with breakfast. The food at Brother Juniper's is what breakfast is supposed to be. I had the San Deigan, Rachel Ray's favorite( open face omelette with portabello mushrooms, home fries, bacon, tomatoes. Feta, and Cheddar cheese). OMG!!!! Husband had blueberry pancakes and enjoyed them. The place is relatively small, not much ambiance, the service is adequate. This place is all about the food. The portions were good. Some may think it is pricey for breakfast ($73.00 including tip party of 5) but it was well worth it. You cannot go to Memphis and not eat at this place.

Visited December 2013
Bargersville, Indiana
“Best in Memphis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Tried them all but this is the best breakfast in Memphis. Omelet and cheese grits are fresh and hot. Service is great. Coffee bar is available while you wait.

Visited December 2013