“Quiet Evening Out” 4 of 5 stars

901-722-2177
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Society is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 1,272 Restaurants in Memphis
Cross street: Poplar Avenue
Detroit, Michigan
“Quiet Evening Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

My family has enjoyed Cafe Society several times over the past couple of years. The food is consistently well prepared. The wine and beer selection is very good. The prices are in line with a nice restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Food, worst service ever experienced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Our first experience at this restaurant was mixed. The food was very good, but our waiter was one of the worst I ever had. I would say I would go again for the food but I would think hard about it because of the service. The waiter never greeted us, I had to go to the back to find him to get our drink order, about 10 min after being seated. He never thanked us for coming to the restaurant. I cannot say enough bad about his attitude and service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, TN
“not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2009

Cafe Society is not too far from our neighborhood, so I really wanted to like it and support it. We went for an anniversary or birthday, and were incredibly disappointed. I had duck, and it was ok, but nothing special. My husband had the tiniest $40 steak I've ever seen! Again, it was edible, but that's about it.
Maybe other diners are starting to figure this out as well....we went on a Friday night at 7pm, and were the ONLY ones in the restaurant. If you want a great steak for a decent price, head to Firebird's. They are superior in every way!

**I will say, it was a nice atmosphere. Still, I'm paying for food, not candles!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
memphis
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

I had eaten here sometime before and thought the food was pretty good.
My last visit, however, was dissapointing. The sea bass was not fresh and my wife's steak was overcooked. The place seems a little outdated now and it was a trip to not -the- best neighborhood. Cooper Young area restaurants are a better bet for the midtown area.

Memphis, Tennessee
“Location hurts this place, but their menu and wine list are top notch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

Location hurts this place, but their menu and wine list are top notch.