“Casual Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
United States
“Casual Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This isn't just a pizza place it is a creative wonder. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner so you can imagine all of the different toppings available for your pizza. I couldn't think of any item you would want on a pizza that they don't have. They even have a few that I didn't think belonged into the pizza category but seems to fit with other combinations. The restaurant concept is a mix of Chipolte and your favorite micro brewer with a little sushi bar thrown in.

Be imaginative when you get to the counter because the cost for 2 items is the same as it is for 5 items. The crust is thin with just enough crisp and soft to hold all the toppings. For drinks they have a mix of micro brew and a self service flex drink soda machine that compliments the inventive style of the food.

The restaurant is beautiful and clean. Also has a banquet room available. Service was quick and professional.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

This place is overrated. Every time I go in there I feel like I'm being yelled at in a lunch line when I order. One employee once made gestures towards me pointing at the pizza and throwing her hands around...instead of asking me "if I'd like to add anything else". I told her I couldn't understand her gestures and she rolled her eyes at me and said "is that all?" I wanted to ask her if it was easier to just ask me than to gesture and shrug. Most of the employees aren't ever smiling and happy to be there "greeting" customers. Not to mention it's overpriced, has limited seating, and takes FOREVER to even get a small "snack" pizza. The salads are something you can easily fix by yourself at home or buy fresh from a grocery store. I've tried this place twice and won't be returning mostly in part due to how rude the employees are.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Salads are Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Let me just say that I Love this spot. Fresh ingredients, service is fast paced but good. The only drawback has been the pizza being pulled from oven a bit too early. Maybe I should ask them to let it stay in longer?! Hmmm. Great spot!!

Buffalo, NY
“Kept Looking for Cosmo Kramer!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had received a couple of recommedations for Pyro's before I decided to try it as I am generally very particular about my pizza. Set up like a combination cafeteria & Subway shop, my mind kept taking me back to the Seinfeld episode where Kramer wanted to start a pizzeria where customers make their own pie and put it in the oven, etc. This was as close to that as possible, for a lot of reasons that need not be detailed here.

The topping choices were varied and all seemed fresh when the pizza was served. The crust was a bit more like a cracker than a traditional thin crust Italian, but it had some flavor and was certainly crispy enough. From the time I gave them my order until the pizza was served it was barely 10 minutes, so they move you through the queue quickly. The price was very reasonable and the pizza was large enough for one person and probably for two, provided that they weren't too hungry.

While this will never set the standard for quality pizza, it was slightly better than average and I would recommend it for someone looking for a pizza, made just the way they want it - in a hurry.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Memphis
“Not fire roasted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My expectation was that they used a wood burning pizza oven, so I was expecting a great crust. The crust was ultra thin more like a cracker than pizza crust. The oven is gas flame, not wood burning. So from that aspect, I was disappointed. Toppings and choices galore which allows you to make exactly the pizza you want...except, I think we need a choice of crusts. They also have build your own salads, which may bring me back here, but not the pizza.

• Visited July 2014