“ Cutest restaurant ever!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beauty Shop Bar

Beauty Shop Bar
966 S Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104 (Cooper Young Community Association)
(901) 272-7111
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Beauty Shop Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,272 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Cross street: Young
“ Cutest restaurant ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My brother and I were in town for a play at the Orpheum. He found this place in Open Take and made reservations. It was a lot of fun and the food was very good. We had an appetizer of fried oysters with Tabasco and powdered sugar. It was unusual and very tasty. He had a filet and I had a four cheese ravioli with mussels and shrimp in a wine based broth. They were both great! I hope to go back one day!

Memphis, Tennessee
“This Place is Horrendous!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We where not recognized after being seated for quite some time. The waitress tossed us water and left. There was a long gap before she returned for our order. We asked for the specials. In a snide manner she said, "Then you're not ready. I have to deliver five dishes then I'll be back." She didn't come for some time. I had to find her to get beverage refills and desserts. She said, "Can't you see that I have five other tables." Another 15 minute wait. This behavior went on throughout the whole meal. The manager comped our dessert -- they should have comped our meal and given us a bonus for showing up.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Dinner Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great local restaurant. My only complaint is you have to ask for local and grass fed meats, and they can not always accommodate.

Visited January 2014
West Sacramento, California
“Interesting Memphis restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Came to Memphis to visit Graceland, and found this restaurant on Opentable. Came with a group of five family and friends. Had a great meal and drinks. My three year old daughter was with us, and this isn't the greatest restaurant if you have kids with you. We were very happy with our dinner otherwise.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gadsden, Alabama
“Cool retro vibe with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My daughter recommended this place for us to go with her and her husband. The restaurant has a cool retro feel complete with (some) booths that are glass bricked "drying" stations (it appears to truly be an old beauty shop) that are must to include when reserving.

The wine selection was limited to about 20 selections, all good and all affordable and priced by the glass as well. The menu is a little eclectic and the entrees somewhat limited in number. But the quality was great. I had the special ribeye with potatoes and bacon and arugula. It was superb. My daughter had the steak frites which was a filet and truffle fries. Delightful. My wife had lamb chops and root vegetables. She loved it and my son-in-law had 3 cheese pasta with cream sauce. He said it was great but the portion looked small and the presentation a little emaciated. We split a grilled romaine salad which was splendid but could have used a little more dressing. (We split among the 4 of us and it was huge). I would have given 5 stars but the service seemed a tad slow and the pasta just not up to the cuff of the rest of the food.

Visited January 2014