“A real disappointment.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Tsunami

Tsunami
928 S Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104-5605 (Cooper Young Community Association)
901-274-2556
Neighborhood: Cooper Young Community Association
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A real disappointment.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I just had the misfortune of wasting $12 on the "Asian Nacho's". By my count i was served 8 Nachos! Yes 8 to count specifically with the smallest piece of Tuna Tataki on each and basically tiny sprinkles of Jalapeno's. I came away from this restaurant so dissapointed with myself for not returning them and just wrapping up the bill by paying for my beverage. I don't mind paying for an agreeable meal, but this was an embarrassment. Also for anyone who has heard good things about this restaurant's sushi - they no longer serve it so most likely new ownership. Man am i still kicking myself.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“Very Dissapointing experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I went to to Tsunami the other night based on their score on Trip advisor. I was very disappointed.
1. It was a very small space, we were sat at a table in the middle of a aisle and I was hit by waiters and people every time they walked by. At one point the waiter ever served food to the table behind us over top my head.
2. It was so loud we could not even talk to each other. The volume of the restaurant was more like a bar scence, but obviously more expensive and not a bar.
3. The Food: For starters we orders the pot stickers and they were served under cooked and tasted horrible. Our second course we had the wasabi steak which was good, but the wasabi overpowered the flavor of the steak and Tuna. The Tuna was not fresh and you could taste it. The did offer to substitute so we got the Grouper instead and it was okay at best. For dessert, they did have decent coffee but their begneits are nothing to get excited about and the chocolate sauce was served cold.
4. service: we waited a long time between drink refills and being able to order. looked like they were light staffed. However, she was nice.

Overall, i would say it was an uncomfortable experience with disappointing expensive food. I will not go back.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, TN
“Favorite restaurant in Memphis!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love Tsunami! I could eat here at least once a week. Great food, wonderful atmosphere. Servers are the best! Thanks, Ben, for a great restaurant.

Visited April 2012
Memphis
“One of the Best Resturants in Memphis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

The Sea Bass at Tsunami is by far my favorite menu choice of all time. I have eaten in some pretty amazing restaurants all over the world and this continues to be number one. The restaurant is located in the historic Cooper Young area. Stop at Alchemy (in the same area) before or after for a great drink in an up scale atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Whats in a Name”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Very small and calming atmosphere. Excellent food. I like having the choice of oredering a small plate if I am not hungary