“best bartender” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Savvis For Hard Rock Cafe

Savvis For Hard Rock Cafe
315 Beale St, Memphis, TN 38103-3103 (Midtown)
901-529-0007
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 1,262 restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: As artist Billy Swan sang, "Memphis Rocks!" Located in the cotton-trading capital of the Delta, Memphis virtually invented blues, soul and rock 'n' roll. Once well-known for heavy gambling, voodoo, murder and prostitution, Memphis is just a hard-rocking place where you can get great food and hear hot tunes. Home to both Sun Records and Stax Records, this city has always been foremost in finding talent, and the rollicking live music scene is still kicking hard today. Maybe that's why Memphis is mentioned in more songs than just about any other city. So if you're out "Walking In Memphis" on the "Memphis Streets" and you get yourself a mean case of the "Walkin' Blues," just do the electric slide or "Memphis Boogie" right on into the Hard Rock Cafe Memphis and let us ease you into "Memphis Bliss." Our historic building, set on boogie street Beale, has done time as a recording studio and a saloon - the perfect combination for an electrifying menu that'll make you stomp and shout. Memphis was also Elvis's home, and the only place he ever felt he belonged. So come on down, y'all, for a taste of Southern hospitality and "Good Rockin' Tonight," 'cause you're bound to soon feel the exact same way. And while Elvis may have left the building (on a "Memphis Train?"), you can stay as long as you want. It's a "Memphis Thing."
Grand Haven, Michigan
“best bartender”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been to most of the Hard Rocks in the US. Tonight my bartender at the Hard Rock in Memphis, Marissa (aka dove) was fantasitc. This is the first time I have ever posted but she impressed me that much. There was also a server named Loey (aka Banjo) who was great. These girls did an amazing job and I wanted to go on record as saying so (its my opinion is that most people post because they are mad, but its too rare that we post when we are very happy). I will absoutly go back and I hope Dove and Banjo are there to serve me next time

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Julien S, General Manager at Savvis For Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Surfcruise,

What an incredible compliment and 5 star review from you, thank you so much, your comments have absolutely made my day! And you certainly hit the nail on the head regarding complaints versus compliments on review websites such as TripAdvisor, all too often you really do only hear the negative reviews. While it’s very important to me to read, respond, & coach staff when we don’t show our guests an absolutely authentic and memorable experience, it is just as important to celebrate our team members when they do above & beyond for our guests! I share all reviews with our team and who wants to hear only bad when we know our team works hard to provide an excellent level of service? Your review is one of the best I’ve received to date. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to tell me about how well Marissa & Lacy took care of you. Please know that I will make a scene and celebrate what a great job they did for you in front of the entire team! I hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

62% Recommend
Rock Falls, Illinois
“Refreshing Drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped for a recommend drink here it was a refreshing Lemonaid type drink with a touch of Basil. Really hit the spot. Must TRY

Visited July 2013
Julien S, General Manager at Savvis For Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Connie B,

It sounds like you tried our Strawberry Basil Lemonade, I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed it! This is also one of my favorite non-alcoholic beverages from our bar! Although you can certainly ask your bartender to make it not-so-non-alcoholic next time… ;)
I appreciate your sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to our cafe on world famous Beale Street & thank you so much for the 5 star rating! I hope we’ll have the honor of serving you again very soon, thank you so much for being our guest!

Thanks again,

Harrah, Oklahoma
“Don't know what they are doing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

During Elvis Week in Memphis we attempted to buy tickets to an event at the Hard Rock. The first time I was told I couldn't get them until 7 pm the day of the performance (even though the website said "advance purchase"). I went back at the proper time and was told I couldn't get them until 9 pm. I went back at 9 pm (show was supposed to start at 10) and was told to come back at 9:30 pm. I did, got my tickets and was seated IN THE BACK. I was there to watch a friend perform and would have been up front had they sold me the tickets the first time I went in. I will not enter a Hard Rock Cafe anywhere again. I have always thought the food was overpriced and the service has not been that great either. There are much better places to enjoy an evening in Memphis.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shery B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I’m sorry to hear you experienced trouble in receiving tickets for our Elvis Week events. We were almost entirely sold out the week prior to Elvis Week due to our advance ticketing through TicketAlternative.com. This was the 6th annual event we hosted and each year have reached capacity attendance. This is a highly anticipated event so trying to purchase tickets the day of will almost guarantee standing-room only, rather than reserved seating. I am very sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your time with us and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you again. If there is anything additional I can do to make up for the experience please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for being our guest!

Best regards,

901.529.0007
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I can't handle spicey food, and my friend doesn't like seafood, so picking somewhere to eat inn Beale St was not easy, then we saw Hard Rock Cafe, i was soooooo happy, and was not dissapointed, the menue is not extensive (never is in Hard Rock Cafes) but they do have something for me. Then we strolled around and took in there displays, of course all Rock and Elvis as expected.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Julien S, General Manager at Savvis For Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Greatholidays4all,

Thank you so much for your 4 star review of us and I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you so much for sharing your comments and even more so, for being our guest! I hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!

Canberra
“Elvis lives at Hard Rock Memphis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you are an Elvis fan then the Hard Rock Cafe on Beale St in Memphis is a must visit. Make sure you venture up the stairs as the top floor is dedicated to Elvis and they have some fantastic memorabilia. The staff are very friendly and the food serves are huge and should be shared. The day we went there I was unwell and all I wanted was some soup. But they had none on the menu. My friend ordered a burger and when I said I'd just have a drink the waitress asked me why I wasn't eating. I explained I just wanted soup. She spoke to the chef who came out, sat down with us and asked me what kind of soup I felt like...he then cooked me a beautiful vegetable broth. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her burger, salad and fries, but I think mine was the dish of the day. We have eaten at Hard Rock in New York, La and Niagara Falls and all were great, but my favourite will always be Memphis because of that soup and the hospitality I was shown that day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Julien S, General Manager at Savvis For Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Ompaloopa,

Thank you so much for your 4 star review of us and I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your lunch very special with a homemade soup! Thank you so much for sharing your comments and even more so, for being our guest! I hope we’ll have the opportunity to serve you again very soon!