“Love the Hawaiian Steak” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Memphis, Tennessee
“Love the Hawaiian Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great Hawaiian steak... Love the cheese bread that goes with the salad. The honey mustard hot bacon salad dressing is to die for. Big crowds on weekends.... Make reservations..... Drinks are great as well.....

Visited November 2012

“Just don't order the steak!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The visit started great with great staff and seating. Our salmon appetizer was really delicious. My entree of tuna was good. However, my husband's steak was awful. He ordered it medium rare and it came to us medium, which we could have tolerated. The bad part was the outside was burnt to a hard crispy crust as one would expect from a Waffle House. My husband said he would choke it down. He attempted it but couldn't do it. I have him part of my entree. We showed the waitress and she simply said "sorry". Just a disappointing experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Tried Houston's on a recommendation, and the fact it was close to our hotel. It was so good we went back our last night in town. The wait staff (save one) were very attentive. The atmosphere was was great. The ribs were tender, with just the right amount of sauce. The pork chop was wood fired and huge. I would go again when back in town.

Visited December 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“I LOVE Houstons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We used to have a Houston's in Nashville, so when I'm in Memphis I make sure to dine here. They take reservations, so it's helpful to make one. They were on a 30 minute wait for Saturday lunch. I was glad a booked ahead. I love the spinach dip and veggie burger. The service was also great.

Visited December 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“consistent quality - consistent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great service, among the best in town - they must really work their folks as they are super attentive, focused on the details and on being sure you have a great experience. Other than the wait on busy nights (up to an hour, but you can sit or eat at the bar....), they strive to be HAPPY every time they interact with you....
The food is also consistent, fresh, well prepared and seasoned, and top quality. The filet, veggies and especially the desserts and brownie and ice cream should have a halo. Fresh fishes, good wine selection The Caesar salad (and others) could use less dressing, however. Just ask for it on the side.
You can't go wrong, if you are willing to wait and relax for a spot here
little pricey...

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Houston's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Houston's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.