“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Saint Jacob, Illinois
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place had great reviews and we decided to get off the beaten path a little to try it- unfortunately it was just ok. The BBQ seemed overcooked and a little dry. The green beans were amazing though. They also managed to get 2/3 orders wrong.

Visited October 2013

“The best BBQ in Memphis !!this is where the locals eat !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

First everyone was amazing!! Super nice, helpful, funny just such a great atmosphere! We got at least one if everything because my husband is a BBQ aficionado! And we were told by every local to go here for the best!! And they were right!! The dry rub ribs and the pulled pork sandwich was my favorite, and the chicken, but really you can't go wrong!! If you don't know what dry ribs are you can get them dry then put sauce on them if you want, but dry rub is different!!!! And I think that people get confused if you don't know, which I read some if the other reviews and I'm sure that's what they got!! They are not McRibs!!!
When you look around in here people look like they have won a prize when they get their food!! That's what you want to see in a BBQ joint!!! Oh, get the banana pudding and a bag pork rines on the way out:) thanks central BBQ we love you!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hampstead, New Hampshire
“Great BBQ spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I loved this place - the BBQ is outstanding and the waitstaff is friendly and helpful. One caution - the sauces are HOT! Watch out for the mustard sauce in particular - it's runnier than you would expect and will gush out at you if you press the plunger too hard. I got a little bit of a burn on my hand for being too aggressive.

Visited September 2013
Yonkers, New York
“Disappointing BBQ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ribs were not good. They were burnt and hard on the end. They were not meaty and did not fall off the bone. Beans tasted like they were out of a can like Campbells, fries were cold and mushy, and cole slaw was terrible. Big disappointment. Best ribs are at Park Avenue Barbeque in Florida.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“It's Okay, But”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped overnight in Memphis for so authentic Memphis BBQ, so we went to Central BBQ and I told them that I wanted some damn good Memphis BBQ. The guy told me I was at the right place. Central BBQ is one of the top rated BBQs in Memphis according to sources I found on the Internet. I got the combination place which has ribs, pulled pork, and brisket with two sides (baked beans & coleslaw). The food was good, but I would not qualify it as damn good BBQ. The price was $23.50 which to my thinking is a little high for what you get. The next time I go to Memphis and want some Memphis BBQ, I will not go the Central BBQ.

• Visited September 2013