“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Byhalia
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

The tacos are all sold in singles so it gets pretty $$ considering they are 3 to 5 $ a piece. And they aren't anything grand just very average

Visited May 2014

Memphis, Tennessee
“Really Wanted to Like It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I've been to Chiwawa several times and was initially excited about a place get good tacos in midtown. Unfortunately, the food and service are inconsistent and the main dining room unpleasantly loud when it's crowded. We drive out to Hickory Hill for tacos at El Mercadito instead.

Visited November 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Look / Lackluster Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were really excited to try this restaurant for the second time and yet again our service was okay, but the food choices were limited and lacked little culinary flare. If you are going to specialize I would hope that you would be able to make the limited items you have really shine. May be a great bar, but I would not recommend the food. I would be willing to try the location again in the future if the menu changes.

Visited December 2013
“Fun Brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my first time having brunch at Chiwawa, and it was great! I don't think many people realize that they even serve brunch. Service was great, and I had MORE than enough food on my plate. (If you order one of the egg scramble dishes, it's enough food for two people.) This is a great place to meet up with friends, family, or co-workers.

Visited March 2014
Memphis, Tennessee
“Friends dont let friends eat at Chiwawa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The worst restaurant meal I have had since the last time I ate at The Arcade. How do you make a bland dish using chorizo? It had absolutely no taste. I had it removed from the table and the check. My wife and I will not be going back.

• Visited April 2014