“Entertaining dinner” 4 of 5 stars

901-767-8980
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 1,271 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hilton
Woodway, Texas
“Entertaining dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a spur of the moment pick for dinner as it was located right across the street from our hotel. The wait for a hibachi table was not long at all, although there were several patrons in the restaurant. Food was very tasty, and you were given an abundant amount for the price. The rice was a little under cooked, but other then that, everything was great!

Side note: this restaurant seems to be a popular destination for birthday dinners - the staff claps and sings in multiple languages!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Joplin, Missouri
“Nice dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice dinner, food was average. Fried rice was pretty good. Price was above the value. Food was bland and the sauces were not very good.

London, United Kingdom
“Very entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We are from the uk and had not been to benihana before but we really enjoyed this one. The chef was amazing and cooked everything in front of us. The food was quite rich for stir fry because of the butter but tastedt great. We didn't get the chicken fried rice but some other diners shared theirs with us and that made the evening.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Not my type of place but close to the hotel. There was a hair in my chicken rice..ugh. Salad was soggy and had too much dressing.

Visited August 2013
“Watch out when using credit cards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Memphis location on July 29, 2013 to celebrate my son's birthday. Our food was great but the service was horrible. The waitress was new and messed up our drink orders/starters. The night ended well. Three days later I checked my bank statement and saw a charge $116.30 !! My ticket from the night was $53.00. I was upset and called the location. I was told a manager was not there and a message would have to be taken. Mr. Le returned my call August 1, 2013 and asked for my credit card last for digits. He researched and found out the waitress entered a $60.00 tip!! Mr. Le said he returned the difference... There was no remorse or sympathy. I do not plan on returning but wanted to share my experience.

Visited July 2013