“Good, but showing its age.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Instant Getaway Package
Ranked #41 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
United Kingdom
“Good, but showing its age.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Its a good property this - the main tower itself is restrictive when you try to think of a better way to lay out the rooms.

The rooms are tired though, and I don't expect to see cracked sinks in a property of this type. The beds were comfy though the TV was just annoying as heck to use. The lobby is massive, it has a fountain in the middle which causes you to need the restroom if you wait too long for colleagues there with you.

The reception were great in taking in packages, and giving advice on the best things in the area. It was on a cheap deal for me through my employer, had I being paying usual rates on my own dime I don't think I would be as happy about the stay - paying for internet is seriously ridiculous - at least the parking was free!

Breakfast service is good, staff polite and nothing is too much trouble.

The hotel is just old, it needs something funky and it needs it soon - its close to being past it now - and someone needs to do something about making the room doors soft close, they all bang and its REALLY loud.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rome, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The property itself is really distinct -- the tall round shape makes it feel like a big-city hotel. The lobby is huge and very nice, and all staff member I encountered were very accommodating. I agree with some of the prior reviews that the interior is a bit aged in some areas, but it wasn't enough to make the stay unpleasant. The room was very spacious and I enjoyed being on a high floor -- I didn't realize how flat Memphis was until I could see plains all around from my window. The location is in a really nice part of town and close (though not within walking distance) to plenty of places to eat. Good experience overall.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Marion, Arkansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were staying at this particular Hilton a week ago for our anniversary. It was not a good experience. As soon as we walked in our room we noticed a distinct smell of cigarette smoke coming from the bathroom. Also there was large 3 inch long deep scare in the middle of our television screen. When we went our date that night we noticed that the cigarette smell went with us (it was now in our cloths). In addition to the problems listed. The building is very old, the floor in the room creaked as you walked on it, and the room was extremely small. Nothing compared to Hampton Inn. I am afraid I can not recommend this Hilton.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Hilton on Ridgeway Parkway in Memphis is a great place to stay. Great service, upscale rooms, excellent service...all at a fabulous rate! Check out Rook's salmon burger (delicious) and the lobby bar. They make a wonderful Southern Comfort Manhattan (straight up). Check it out.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a loyal Hilton patron. I stay only in Hilton properties unless there is absolutely nothing else available. This is an outstanding property and certainly one of my favorite stays. Asthetically pleasing, efficient, and clean. The rooms are very nice, well laid out, plenty of power for all devices, and very good internet connection. The beds are very comfortable which is absolutely essential. Concierge lounge is always a plus. Although I typically dont eat breakfast its a great way to get a coffee and piece of fruit in the morning and a water in the evening. Have never eaten there so I can't comment on the quality of food or prices. Bar service is very good. The only downside I know of to this property is the parking and walk into the building. It is almost always well booked. Not a huge thing but if its raining and you dont have an umbrella you are going to get very wet walking in. That said security has high visibility and I have never been the slightest concerned about safety or property there. Staff couldn't be nicer or more helpful. I have had a few minor issues there during stays such as TV not working and the response and resolution has always been immediate and throrough. When you're there say HI to Eva on your way out in the morning. She's the best!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

BillSpencer, General Manager at Hilton Memphis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your positive review and endorsement of Ava. She does a great job and we are proud of her.
We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

McCormick SC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The front desk and restaurant staff are wonderfully friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately the hallway and room carpets are worn, and the rooms are not well sound-proofed. Traffic noise from the nearby freeway was constant, and we could actually hear guests conversing in adjoining rooms.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We appreciate your response and your comment about our staff being wonderfully friendly and accommodating. We will use your comments wisely.

Clarksvilel, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you arrive in the early evening expect to be greeted by the Best Bellman just east of The Mississippi River, George. He is in a hurry if you are in a hurry. If you are unwinding and need a good story he is there too, prepared with the best tales told by a beloved Yankee- It's never a bother and your requests are his pleasure to serve with a smile. If you too are a road warrior and have earned Executive Lounge privileges before or after a long day's production; Candy and staff will keep you nourished and in a happy mood with the good food's prepared by the house Chef. These are only a couple of really great reasons I choose the Hilton on Ridge Lake Blvd, East Memphis as my second home while serving the West Tennessee Territories.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this review and mention of George and Candy. They are a couple of our superstars and since you mentioned them by name we will buy both of them dinner for two in our restaurant.

We hope you stay with us again soon.

Bill Spencer

Been to Hilton Memphis? Share your experiences!