“Woke up at 3:30 in the morning” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Macy's Shopping Package
Ranked #42 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“Woke up at 3:30 in the morning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

Hotel was nice. Room was ok. Staff was great. 1 major issue was someone pulled the fire alarm at 3:30 am and my family was forced to run down 18 flights of stairs only to be told it was a false alarm and we could go back to bed after standing out in the cold for an hour. This night should have been reimbursed for the inconvenience.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the time I arrived until the time I left I felt welcomed and at home. The front desk staff were wonderful and helped us navigate a new city. the food in the hotel was AWESOME! I would return again and stay right here.

Roxbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Upon my arrival to the hotel for a trade show hosted there, I was greeted by very helpful door/bell man and the check in was very quick and courteous. The lobby was very modern and certainly gave an elegant feel. However, once I got into the glass elevator with dirty windows, poorly painted sills and spiderwebs visible through the glass, I got totally turned off. Why have a glass elevator if it's only going to be a window into ugliness??? I will chip in to buy the painter some masking tape as well.

Unfortunately, the room was not much better. The carpet was damp throughout the stay possibly their moat surrounding the building is seeping in since we were on floor 2. The toilet area was super small and had some sort of metal panel in it which had dustbunnies all around the edges. Unlike every single hotel I have been at, they only gave us two towels while most double occupancy rooms give three or four...being someone that needs a towel for my hair as well, I was left using a wet towel to dry my wet hair. Fun.

Hotels with paid wifi irk me too, so I went the computers in the lobby to do something and only one of four computers were working and it was occupied by a 5 year old. Not very conducive to a business traveler.

When we called about how the airport shuttle works, they told us to give them 15-20 minutes notice. Yet they failed to tell us that from the hotel to the airport it's only once an hour on the hour. Very disappointing to find this out at 2:03 after our trade show ended. This made us even crankier since we were up since 3:20am when someone PULLED THE FIRE ALARM and now we had to rush to the airport and go straight to the gate. To make matters worse, neither the bar nor the restaurant were open for lunch so we went without a meal from 7am to midnight when our flight landed.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I recently booked a night at the Hilton, I have stayed there many times over the years. The lobby is beautiful and spacious and location is pretty good. I was very disappointed when my room smelled like smoke. When I called the front desk they offered to have the room deodorized but I wasn't interested in masking the smell with a stronger smell. Instead, I chose to check out and go to another hotel. They were understanding and didn't charge me anything to do so and I appreciate it.

Also, I have to say, it had been a while since I had last stayed there and I was disappointed with the aging decor of the rooms. Plus, the cylindrical design of the hotel forces an adjoining room's door to be immediately next to your door which makes for noisy entries when guests come and go.

Overall, I'm not sure I'll be back without some type of renovation as the rooms of mid-grade hotels have now surpassed this location.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
BillSpencer, General Manager at Hilton Memphis, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that your room smelled like smoke. We are 100% non smoking and we should have put that room out of order since another guest apparently was smoking in that room.

Upper Marlboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I can not say anything bad about Hilton Memphis, but the toilets do need to be replaced. Do not allow this problem stop you from enjoying this beautiful facility. I notified the front desk staff and insisted on talking to management who very quickly moved me to a much nicer room and one with a working toilet. Hilton Memphis is truly lovely.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your positive review and feedback. We are pleased that you consider our hotel to be lovely.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in on a quick overnight business trip to Memphis. The staff was great and service in the restuarant excellent, everyone was very hospitable nice quiet room. Great value and great location. Very happy...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for this feedback. We are committed to excellent guest services and will be drilling down on your stay and what happened. I apologize that we did not appear to be concerned about your complaint. We will use this feedback wisely.

Ballston Spa, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in a room next to where all the hotel staff and smokers were gathered outside my window. I asked for a room change and the porter said there was nothing available, yet I had made this reservation months in advance. It was the worst room in the hotel. When I complained they said that they were sorry, but that was it, they were more interested in just checking me out than hearing my complaint.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Bill Spencer

Been to Hilton Memphis? Share your experiences!