“OK, But don't expect much.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Memphis East

You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Memphis East to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Memphis East
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1541 Sycamore View Road, Memphis, TN 38134 (Formerly EconoLodge)   |
Ranked #109 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“OK, But don't expect much.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was clean. Value hmmm OK for area. Room badly needed fixing, paint, wall repairs, furniture was broken and everything was in bad shape. Had to repair desk lamp myself when they didn't have replacement. Electric outlet was broken also. Keeping tools in van came in handy. A place to crash, was safe "I assume" only because we didn't have problem and never saw any.

Don't expect much and you be OK.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Harrisburg, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Rooms are disgusting!!! Paint peeling, beds with stains on them, just dingy and dirty. Then only good thing was the lady at front desk did issue a full refund. When asked why we would not stay, she said, "...I understand. It's not the first time." Eewww!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

You get what you pay for, a place to sleep. The first room we were given was a king w/ a sofa sleeper. We walked in and there was no fridge or microwave, nor are there towels and the shower was leaking. I went to the front desk and the woman working seemed surprised. She gave us another room with 2 queens. This one actually had a fridge and microwave bit the fridge wasn't very cold. Half the parking lot is blocked off and the hallways smell like a mixture of animal urine and smoke. I wouldn't recommend staying here, I won't stay again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We booked 12 rooms for our club to attend a function in Memphis. When I made the reservation, I told the clerk that the credit card I was using would not be the one that pays for the rooms. I also stated that we would all arrive after 6pm and some would be after midnight She stated that it was okay. When we arrived, I reiterated to the desk clerk that people would arrive much later and asked if we needed to pay for those rooms as well. She stated that it was not necessary since they were paying for their room on their own. I had not yet entered my room before several members of our group had immediate issues with the rooms and refused to stay at the hotel. We decided that those who wanted to leave could and the rest of us would stick it out because all of our funds were tied up in this hotel. We could not afford to have our money on hold and put out another $1100 to stay in another hotel. We asked for a refund of 2 rooms because those members paid for another hotel on their own and would wait for the refund. I then had a man knock on my door and berate me for allowing the desk clerk to charge all the rooms on one charge. He told me that the policy was for each occupant to show ID and each room to be charged individually. Now, he had problems refunding two rooms. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES??? I asked him that very question, to wit he had no response. I was trying hard to be nice about everything but people had to change rooms due to no air conditioning, bug infestation and other reasons. It is a hotel's responsibility to have accommodations that are up to hotel standards and clearly they do not if a customer has to keep changing rooms. The man even went so far as to tell me that they weren't roaches, they were waterbugs and waterbugs are attracted to water... What kind of answer is that? What kind of customer service is that? What they were probably attracted to was the mold/mildew smell and stains in all of the rooms.

Also upon arrival, several of our members witnessed a drug transaction on the lot and reported it to the front desk immediately. Later that night, two Memphis police officers came on the property while we were outside. I spoke with them for about 20 minutes about the city and I mentioned to him the drug activity witnessed earlier. One of them stated that this was not uncommon in the neighborhood and especially on your property. He also stated that we should have gotten hotel rooms at exit 19 because they were better and cost the same. On Saturday, a few of us decided to walk to a nearby restaurant for lunch. On our way back we were stopped by 2 Memphis police cars containing 3 officers. When we showed them our credentials (several of our members are in law enforcement and I am an elected official in my city), one of them asked us what we were doing staying in this neighborhood. We told them that we didn't know what kind of area it was based on a map. He told us that this area was notorious for drug activity and prostitution. When I complained to the corporate office, I was first told that the hotel would deal with it. I received an email a few days later stated that I had "omitted facts" and basically lied about the drug transaction causing them to lose customers. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS A CUSTOMER nor do they care about the quality of their hotel... DO NOT STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Don't book a room at all