“If smoking irritates you go elsewhere, poor room location layout leaves you stuck with the stinch!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross

You added Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3583 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN 38125   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Rooms in a separate structure with poorly laid out parking access to building. No canopy/cover to protect you from the rain while you fight the prohibitively awkward card reader cover. Parking is poorly laid out for close access to the structure.
The 4th floor and elevator both stink of tobacco even though the room was labeled no smoking.

Room Tip: Doors on the 4th floor are all very loose and noisy when the automatic door closer is allowed to clo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
bnolte - I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. Our main concern is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay so you can imagine my disappointment that you were inconvenienced by some issues. I truly apologize if your room smelled like smoke and the elevator and floor you stayed in smelled of cigarettes. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our in-property experience. Again, I apologize you went through any inconveniences and hope that you will consider saying with us next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northport, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This is an older Homewood Suites, but it is fine. It is located near a suburban area so several inexpensive restaurants to choose from within a couple of miles. There is also a Costco & Sam's Club within a mile as well as other stores.
We had a studio unit on the 4th floor in the back of the hotel as we like quiet rooms. We did not hear our neighbors and only if you happened to be near the door would you hear anything if the maid was nearby.
The only negative is we prefer very firm beds & the mattress on our king-sized bed was too soft to our liking. We didn't find the front desk staff overly helpful and as a Hilton Honors silver member, we never received our welcome gift (bottles of water) so we had zero water in the room other than tap water.

• Stayed March 2013
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Crazydukefan - Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us. I truly apologize that the quality of the mattress was not to your liking and that you were not recognized as a valued and loyal Hhonor guest. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments back to the team so we can improve on our guests' overall experience. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recommend you make your reservations in advance because this is a popular hotel for this area. The front desk is very helpful in most needs you may have. The area is surrounded with most eateries that would fit almost all taste buds such as: Zaxby's, T.G.I. Fridays, Happy Mexican, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Arby's, KFC, Taco Bell, The Great Steak Escape, East End Grill, Checkers, Wendy's, Chow Time, Ghengi's Grill, Ruby Tuesday, Cheddar's, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Captain D's, Sonic, Ice Bar, Steak and shake, Wing Street, Logan's Roadhouse, Chik Fillet, Fazoli's, IHOP, Burger King, Domino's Pizza, Yums and Huey's. There are also quite a few places to shop and it is 10 minutes from the express to the Collierville Strip Mall. Contact their very helpful and concerned manager (Audra) if any additional asisstance is needed.

Room Tip: I love the two bedroom suites.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Alisha W - Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Being your "Home Away From Home" is truly what we try to embody on a daily basis and are please that you experienced that during your stay. Thank you also for highlighting the many features and benefits our guests have when selecting our hotel as their prime location while in the Memphis area.
davenport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here several times - clean rooms, friendly staff! Enjoy the breakfast and the evening reception - gives you a chance to unwind before turning in for the evening or whatever else the Memphis area will have you doing!!

Room Tip: never had a bad room - maybe stay away from the elevator?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
rj k - Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our "Home Away From Home". Should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area, we hope to be your hotel of choice again! GREAT NEWS...our new liquor license has been approved and we should be able to start serving wine again - very soon (in addition to the beer) at the evening reception.
Central Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel once a month for a week at a time for work for over a year now. This hotel is in a convenient location, close to many different restaurants, a couple shopping centers, and only a 15-20 minute drive from the airport/rental car locations. It's in a secure location and the staff are always willing to help you if you have any questions/concerns. I rate this as average only due to the slightly outdated furniture in the rooms. Otherwise, Its great for a short visit to Memphis.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors and in the back of the hotel, away from the elevators and exit doors, are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel. Should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area, we hope to be your hotel of choice again! UPDATE...the hotel does have plans to starting a renovation project later on in the year and we hope the room furnishing will be part of that refresh.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had a business engagement at FedEx HQ across the street. Perfect place to stay for that purpose. Would stay here again if business takes me to FedEx again. Otherwise for Memphis business trips, like to stay downtown, but that is based on location of business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My initial take on this property was that it was showing its age. The carpet is picked and dirty, the walls are dinged and scraped, the trim is chipped and bedraggled looking. It smelled a little funny, and the lay out was strange. But the bathrooms have been updated, and the kitchenette looked fairly new as well. Then on the morning we checked out, I had to kill a live cockroach on the floor in the bedroom. At least, I think it was a cockroach. So, it's Memphis, and I understand these things happen (although, to be fair, it's the first time I've encountered a live insect in a hotel over years of traveling all around the buggy Southeast). So when I checked out, I told the desk clerk that they might want to treat the room, and her response was "So it was only ONE cockroach? Oh, okay." That, to me, is not an acceptable response. Because, you know, it's NOT okay. Even if it was only ONE cockroach. I didn't expect an adjustment to my room charge, or anything beyond a simple apology -- but I did expect that much. She was polite, but didn’t seem at all concerned.

One of the other members of our party reported killing two unidentified brown bugs (roundish, and about the size of the wide part of an apple seed) climbing up the wall in her room, which is what led me to wonder whether it was actually a roach that I killed. I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to the type of bugs – she made a guess but I didn’t see them so I won’t claim to know what they were.

The breakfast attendant was friendly (although the breakfast was not very good at all -- some sort of spicy egg fritatta which was really, really stinky), and the young man who checked me in was courteous. This location is convenient to many places to eat and shop, but I'd rather drive a couple extra minutes and stay at a more updated, insect-free accommodation.

Room Tip: The higher numbered rooms on each floor are further from the dining areas, but also further from any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and the level of service you received. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.

Been to Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross? Share your experiences!