“Great place to stay for a business trip.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now & save 15%
Ranked #18 of 135 hotels in Memphis
Atlanta
“Great place to stay for a business trip.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had a business engagement at FedEx HQ across the street. Perfect place to stay for that purpose. Would stay here again if business takes me to FedEx again. Otherwise for Memphis business trips, like to stay downtown, but that is based on location of business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel. Should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area, we hope to be your hotel of choice again!

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My initial take on this property was that it was showing its age. The carpet is picked and dirty, the walls are dinged and scraped, the trim is chipped and bedraggled looking. It smelled a little funny, and the lay out was strange. But the bathrooms have been updated, and the kitchenette looked fairly new as well. Then on the morning we checked out, I had to kill a live cockroach on the floor in the bedroom. At least, I think it was a cockroach. So, it's Memphis, and I understand these things happen (although, to be fair, it's the first time I've encountered a live insect in a hotel over years of traveling all around the buggy Southeast). So when I checked out, I told the desk clerk that they might want to treat the room, and her response was "So it was only ONE cockroach? Oh, okay." That, to me, is not an acceptable response. Because, you know, it's NOT okay. Even if it was only ONE cockroach. I didn't expect an adjustment to my room charge, or anything beyond a simple apology -- but I did expect that much. She was polite, but didn’t seem at all concerned.

One of the other members of our party reported killing two unidentified brown bugs (roundish, and about the size of the wide part of an apple seed) climbing up the wall in her room, which is what led me to wonder whether it was actually a roach that I killed. I’ll leave you to draw your own conclusions as to the type of bugs – she made a guess but I didn’t see them so I won’t claim to know what they were.

The breakfast attendant was friendly (although the breakfast was not very good at all -- some sort of spicy egg fritatta which was really, really stinky), and the young man who checked me in was courteous. This location is convenient to many places to eat and shop, but I'd rather drive a couple extra minutes and stay at a more updated, insect-free accommodation.

Room Tip: The higher numbered rooms on each floor are further from the dining areas, but also further from any...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and the level of service you received. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Employees are Great!!!!! A + in service.. Had a great time at the 5:00pm free food and beers!!! The employees very friendly. I will stay again without hesitation. Great job!!!! Rooms are very comfortable. Plenty of stores and restaurants around area. Overall, great hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you Tito6410 for the great feedback. Our guest are our #1 priority and we strive to ensure that during each and every stay you are made to feel like Homewood Suites Memphis Hacks Cross is your "Home Away From Home". I am pleased that we delivered those results during your stay.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have stayed at this property 4 different times and have always been very happy. The things that stand out above the rest are the friendly service, the cleanliness, and the comfortable beds. A great place to stay in Memphis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you PackerLand for the positive feedback. Our guest are our #1 priority and we strive to ensure that during each and every stay you are made to feel like Homewood Suites Memphis Hacks Cross is your "Home Away From Home". I am pleased that we delivered those results during your stay and all previous visits.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Traveled to Memphis to participate in my best friends wedding. After reading some of the previous reviews, I was a little hesistant to stay at this location. But I am glad I gave it a shot!! I was very pleased with this property. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms (I reserved 7) were very clean and comfortable. We didn't get breakfast because we decided to cook in our rooms. Centrally located to almost anywhere you would want to go in Memphis. I would reccomend this location to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you Shervonda1 for "giving us a shot" and the great feedback. While sometimes situations happen that can affect a guests overall service and experience, please know that our guest are our #1 priority and we strive to ensure that during each and every stay you are made to feel like Homewood Suites Memphis Hacks Cross is your "Home Away From Home". I am pleased that we delivered those results during your stay.
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This was overall a very good hotel & I enjoyed my stay here for a week on business. The best thing about this hotel was the bed-I slept awesome the entire week. As we all know, the bed can make your week away from home an enjoyable or miserable experience. This bed was a 10+!! The room service was thorough and they did a great job on details.The front desk was friendly and helpful every time I needed something from them and the patio by the pool was a great way to have cocktails with people from the conference without having to congregate in someones room. If I had to be overly critical, I would say that it's time the hotel re-does their carpet. The carpet in the hallway is old and dingy and the carpet in my room had numerous stains on it. In addition, the hallway leading to my room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke, which was semi-annoying. I will probably be back in Memphis again next year around this time and will try to book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel. Looking forward to seeing you again in August 2013.
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I requested a high floor weeks prior to checking in. I was awarded room 130. Dirty carpet all the way from the front desk, including a 100 foot long black mark running down the center of the hallway. I was met with dingy looking carpet in the room that had frayed upholstery on one of the chairs.
I was only here for one night, and that was all I would want. It just seemed that from the look of the breakfast and the property that things were done to the minimum standards. I'm diamond and love Homewood properties but I will not stay here again. It is located in a good area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us in Memphis. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We know how frequent a traveler you are with your Diamond standing and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we may show you the quality and service that you deserve.

Been to Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross? Share your experiences!