“The most comfortable bed a hotel could have!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% your next stay!
Ranked #28 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Lincoln, Nebraska
“The most comfortable bed a hotel could have!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was overall a very good hotel & I enjoyed my stay here for a week on business. The best thing about this hotel was the bed-I slept awesome the entire week. As we all know, the bed can make your week away from home an enjoyable or miserable experience. This bed was a 10+!! The room service was thorough and they did a great job on details.The front desk was friendly and helpful every time I needed something from them and the patio by the pool was a great way to have cocktails with people from the conference without having to congregate in someones room. If I had to be overly critical, I would say that it's time the hotel re-does their carpet. The carpet in the hallway is old and dingy and the carpet in my room had numerous stains on it. In addition, the hallway leading to my room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke, which was semi-annoying. I will probably be back in Memphis again next year around this time and will try to book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel. Looking forward to seeing you again in August 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Austin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I requested a high floor weeks prior to checking in. I was awarded room 130. Dirty carpet all the way from the front desk, including a 100 foot long black mark running down the center of the hallway. I was met with dingy looking carpet in the room that had frayed upholstery on one of the chairs.
I was only here for one night, and that was all I would want. It just seemed that from the look of the breakfast and the property that things were done to the minimum standards. I'm diamond and love Homewood properties but I will not stay here again. It is located in a good area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us in Memphis. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We know how frequent a traveler you are with your Diamond standing and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we may show you the quality and service that you deserve.
san antonio, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Although the people are very friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were poor and one day had no fruit or yogurt. Basically nothing healthy. The dinners fell into the category of mediocre frozen dinners. I always try to stay at Homewood suites when I travel, but this is one I will skip. Housej
Keeping was ok, didn't change the sheets during the week and when they realized the coffee pot handle was broken they took it away but didn't replace. Basically clean but things were forgotten...like the bath mat. Friendly dining room and front desk staff. They apparently take dogs, which as a dog lover is great, but I hate being awakened in the middle of the night to woods!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
I appreciate your recent review of our property. I understand that you were disappointed with your meal selections and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. Please accept our apologies for the housekeeping missteps and for any inconvenience caused by our four-legged guests. The next time you are in town we hope you will visit us again. Thank you for your comments.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and absolutely loved it! The best part of the stay was the staff. From the friendly van driver, to the helpful resturant tips, to the hug I got from the breakfast ladies who remembered me every morning, this hotel was oustanding! It's a little bit older property, but well maintained. My A/C was not noisy as others have reviewed, my room was clean and overall very comfortable. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We know that you have many choices when traveling and are pleased that you selected our hotel. Should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area, we hope to be your hotel of choice again!
Greenville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

First let me start by saying that I actually try to stay at a Homewood Suites every time I go somewhere. The set up at this chain is exactly what I'm looking for in a hotel room.

With that said, I was booking for a recent trip to Memphis and I usually stay at the Homewood on Poplar Ave, or get a suite at The Hampton just down the road. However, when I noticed that this property that I'd never been to had rooms available at the Great Getaway Rate, but my regular Homewood did not, I decided to give it a try. And I was disappointed.

Don't get me wrong. The property was the same type of thing I was used to, at least on the surface. A little bit out of the way, but close to a lot of restaurants, shopping, and easy access to the interstate for getting into Memphis.

But after checking in, it was a long way from the Homewood on Poplar...at least that was my experience.

The room's air conditioning unit was loud and seemed to labor all the time in order to keep the room only moderately cool. As we weren't in the room that often, it didn't seem to be an issue I needed to report. But if management routinely checked the rooms, they might find that there was an issue.

Also, at most of the Homewood Suites that I've frequented, there was more choice on the breakfast buffet. In other words, I know that my children will be able to find items that they like for breakfast every morning, such as having yogurt every morning or waffles. When I asked if these items were available, the breakfast staff said that management would only let her put these out on certain days as a cost saving measure. I thought if this is true, I hope it is only specific to this one property and not a Homewood policy across the board.

There was also a large group staying at the hotel who were quite rowdy one night who absolutely trashed the patio/pool area and it was very unsightly. Grounds maintenance personnel had it cleaned up by 7:30am, but those people had clearly disregarded the posted hotel policy in terms of both open pool hours and in not bringing glass into the pool area. There were empty beer cans and wine bottles all over the patio/pool area that had not been removed when I went to the Lodge for breakfast at 7am.

Maybe my experience was atypical to this property, but in the future I think I'll stick with one of the properties I've depended on in the past.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. My sincere apology that we did not outrageously please you with great customer service but instead we were average. I want you to know that we take your comments seriously and have made the necessary changes moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Memphis area.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Homewood Suites is very nice eloquent place to stay. The rooms are just like I like them to be, big but not too big, and nice and quiet. There prices are affordable and the complimentary breakfast is not bad either. The hotel is located in a good spot; because there are other restaurant and shopping malls within walking distance. My family and I were, especially impressed with the staff; everyone from the people working in the kitchen to the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful, something you don’t see too often anymore. I highly recommend this Homewood Suites..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Being your "Home Away From Home" is truly what we try to embody on a daily basis and are please that you experienced that at every point of contact. Please keep us in mind should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Soft towels. Welcome reception (apps and drinks) is a nice feature. Fitness center is small, but has a newer eliptical, 2 newer treadmills, yoga mats and medicine balls. Location is convenient to a number of surrounding cities and golf courses. Plenty of food options within 2 miles.Outdoor patio is nice during warm weather (lots of smokers out there though). Pool (wasn't filled when we were there in May). Lobby has an overpowering smell (too much potpourri?). The on-site basketball court was noisy only one evening of my stay. Breakfast is pretty standard fare, although I'd say the eggs were 'wet' each day they served them. However, all said and done, I'd happily stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. Please know that I have addressed your areas of concerns with the appropriate team members and we hope to be your hotel of choice should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area.

Been to Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross? Share your experiences!