“Some like it HOT” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Some like it HOT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We went to Memphis mainly to sample BBQ but were recommended this place by our cab driver. Glad we went!! Spicy fried chicken had a home-cooked feel, not at all like a chain-restaurant. Spicy kick without being over the top. Didn't think I'd like the fried green tomatoes but they were surprisingly good as well! Must go if you are in the area!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Glendale, California
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Ok, I'll admit I was not really hungry when we decided to stop for lunch but wow that was tasty chicken. It was spicy (not too hot), crispy on the outside, tender, and juicy on the inside. The baked bean were by far the absolute best I have ever had. The service was prompt and friendly.

Monterey, California
“Hot!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is by far the spiciest fried chicken I have ever had. I ordered the least spicy you could get and I could barely get thru 1 piece which is upsetting because it was sooooo good!! My husband ordered the spiciest you could get and I have pics of him eating and he is sweating profusely and bright red with his eyes tearing up, it was hilarious. If fancy or ambiance is your thing then avoid this place. It’s a small hole in the wall with a window to order thru. Very small place with only a few tables, luckily it was pretty empty when we got there. Will definitely be back if I am ever passing thru Memphis again!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin Park, New Jersey
“Finga lickin' guddddd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I must agree with the other viewers. This was probably the best fry chicken I have ever had! I ate there twice in one week!The seasoning and the crunch was just right! I had the $5.99 special consisting on 2 legs and 2 thighs with 2 sides. I chose the fried rice and cole slaw! It was damn good! We dont get chicken like this up north! The location is a bit seedy but honestly I didnt feel as if I was in any danger. Now the place is no wine and dine, its more like a hole in the wall with finga lickin food! They do have beers on the menu as well. Gus's is a must if you are in Memphis!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maasdam Zuid-Holland
“Best chicken ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were take here by friends and we loved it!
The Sweet patato cassoroll was a party on it's self!

And this was truely the best chicken ever, but watch it....it's HOT!
They start preparing the chicken after you ordered it... So it takes a little bit longer.... But it's worth it!

• Visited October 2012