“wonderful visit” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The 13 on M.A.T.A. Comes by daily. The downtown trolley line is a stones throw from the front door.
Description: Upscale diner, comfort food made from the freshest meats and vegetables available that are grown locally, and yes there will be LOBSTER PRONTO PUPS!!!!!
Hong Kong, China
“wonderful visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Last night I had impromptu visitors from E. Memphis & decided to look for coffee & dessert. We were not disappointed & the desserts were very good. After eating, one guest ordered a different one to go. It is worth the calorie splurge. The place is small (plans to expand, hope it doesn't become a bar) but is located across the street near the Arcade & Cheesecake Corner. It is open Mondays which is not an easy find. I had a bowl of fresh fruits so if you have dietary needs (hello vegans) or requests just call Chef Michael to sort things out. If you have a larger group (40) just give them a 48hr. notice. They seem really willing to assure you enjoy your visit. I did mine.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Memphis, Tennessee
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The food here is delicious! The only downside is the place is extremely small. Probably seats about 20 people. I will be dining here again!

• Visited July 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Rizzos diner was an amazing find. It is a small restaurant off of South Main, so it can be a little tricky to find. But it is totally worth it! The brunch on Saturdays and Sundays is one of the best that I have eaten, and I consider myself to be a foodie of the sorts. It would be a shame to come to Memphis and not check this place out. I ordered the catfish eggs benedict which was phenomenal, and my husband got the scrambler which he loved. You will not be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
MS
“EXCELLENT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This place is ABSURDLY GOOD! My husband made reservations for our anniversary after reading the reviews and because we like to try new places. Having no idea what to expect, we were a little surprised when we pulled up to a tiny building containing maybe 10 tables. Do not let this fool you! The food is absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I ordered the brisket and the meatloaf, both to split. They were the best tasting things to ever touch my tongue! When it was all said and done, I asked the server what was on the dessert menu, and he grabs a French Silk pie the chef made for us after hearing we were celebrating our anniversary. On the ledges of the over-sized bowl, he spelled out Happy Anniversary in chocolate sauce. Of course, we devoured that as well, and it was delicious! Try this place! Don't expect a huge, fancy restaurant but the meal of a lifetime! We will most certainly be back!

• Visited June 2012
Memphis, TN
“Delicious food - welcoming atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've visited Rizzos twice with large dinner parties (7-10 people) and three times for brunch (once with 7 people, twice smaller parties). Every time, my friends and I have left raving about the food and planning our next visit. At each of my dinner visits my friends and I ordered just about every dish on the menu, and not a single bite was left on any plate. Their chorizo meatloaf and the chicken pot pie are comfort foods kicked up a notch. I'm getting hungry just writing this review! The cheeseburger soup is worth the trip alone - think rotel and potato cheese soup and a hamburger - all whipped together into one mouth-watering, creamy masterpiece.

The brunch food is just as delicious. Chef Michael Patrick has mastered the art of hollandaise sauce and perfectly poached eggs.

You can bring your own wine and liquor, but there is a small set fee (a few dollars per person). For brunch, bring your own champagne, and Rizzos will provide the orange juice for their "yomosas" (Remember that Memphis's liquor stores are closed on Sunday, so plan ahead for your Sunday Funday.)

The chef is friendly and has stopped by our table each visit. He has taken classic Southern dishes and added a fresh new spin. Everything was freshly made. My only complaint is that the restaurant was small. This wasn't an issue, as the restaurant was not packed for any of my visits, but this might change once more people discover the little gem that is Rizzos Diner!

• Visited April 2012