“LOVING NEAL AND AZIZ!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6069 Macon Cove, Memphis, TN 38134-7600   |
Ranked #8 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“LOVING NEAL AND AZIZ!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am normally one to stay at the Weston or the Hilton but when I came to town for impromptu business, a friend suggested that I stay at the La Quinta. I was a little apprehensive at first because it was not my normal hotel but the staff (especially Neal and Aziz who work the front desk) was so friendly and so down to earth that a four day trip EASILY turned into a six day trip and the last two days I did not leave my room (except to get breakfast) I appreciate Neal and Aziz's' help with getting me re-checked into my room for my extra days there. I'm excited to say I have found my new hotel when I come to the city that I love so much!!! THANK YOU NEAL AND AZIZ....THANK YOU LA QUINTA!!!!!!

Room Tip: I have a favorite room....you have to find your own!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lq0820gm, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear: Mizzmack

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel, and picking us over your normal hotels. Neal, and Azi would like to thank you for the wonderful comments about them. We also would like to thank your friend for helping you pick our hotel over others. We hope to have your business for years to come.

AP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Shelby, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, nice king room, average LQ breakfast, but enjoyed our stay. As mentioned in previous review, beware of many pet restrictions. Would gladly stay again w/o pet. Hope the pool is repaired soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The neighborhood's a little questionable, especially the hotel or motel across the street but... The hotel itself, although it's under construction, is surprisingly well kept. Our room was immaculate and the breakfast was better than expected. Pretty decent mix of hot & cold offerings for breakfast. Excuse their dust and give it a look if you're ever in need of a room in Memphis.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very Nice Hotel and Staff for the Price!! Very Convienient to all of Memphis, Casinos and Downtown. Nice and Quiet, in a safe location. Staff was very attentive to the needs of guest. Very pet friendly with pet only floors and non-pet only floors. We stayed on a non-pet floor and never heard a peep from guest and their pets. Construction was on-going on the pool, so no pool was enjoyed. Breakfast area small but under construction to make even bigger. Owner, manager very attentive. Many eating establishments nearby with a variety of foods. Great Place to Stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was surprised when I walked into the lobby and saw all the construction going on in the lobby area. But it turns out that it didn't impact my stay at all. No noises. No dust.

Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. I have never seen a clerk check in so many people so quickly and yet maintain a cheerful and friendly demeanor! When I walked in, I was third in line and quickly there were four more people behind me. But the young man on the desk very efficiently checked in everyone very quickly - even those of us without reservations.

I was also traveling with a child and pets and the accommodations were perfect. No deodorizer smells. No noticeable fur. No pet damage to the room.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband, dog and I were traveling across the country and decided to stay at this hotel because it was "pet friendly". The lobby was clean, the person at the front desk at check-in was friendly, yet clinical. Our room was clean, but had a very musty smell and my husband's allergies acted up while there.

There were a bunch of paper signs posted all over the lobby of the hotel with special rules. For example, if you leave your pet alone in the room you will be charged $250 even if you restrain your pet. This makes it very inconvenient for guests to grab dinner when staying for a single night.

If I was not traveling with my dog, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel! Service was great! Thanks to front desk personnel "Neal" very helpful! I WON'T stay anywhere that's not CLEAN! This is a major priority for me I want to relax, I'm picky but was very pleased here! The only reason I gave 4 stars to the room was because of my shower tub being stopped up but easy fix no problemo. So anyone reading this review please know YOU CAN TRUST THIS REVIEW, I stayed here because of good reviews I saw about this hotel! It's a good stay! Crackle Barrel is near by the area is alright but hey it's outside a major city. STAY HERE : )

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View? Share your experiences!