“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
dallas
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel was very nice and clean. The staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff was very helpful and nice. I was there for several days and was very pleased. the location is great right at the interstate and lots of restaurants. I will be staying here again on my next vist back to Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Trenton, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Kitchen was crawling with bugs and heater fan was broken on check in. Staff was nice though. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the pillow was a little flat for my preference. The are was very convenient to multiple things.

• Stayed February 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have recommended this hotel for business associates, friends and family. Management (reda) is always helpful and courteous. She provides directions for local restaurants and entertainment spots. I have stayed there for personal reasons numerous times and the stays are just as pleasant as the management. No complaints here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This place would be a whole lot better if mgmt wasnt soo damn rude. The attitude of the mgr is soo nasty i dont even know how she has the position with the horrible customer service. Please have mgmt go for customer service seminar because attitudes and demeanor can make or break you. It just makes the whole establishment look bad and makes you wonder was she just given the job because she was there for yrs and nobody else wanted it and you didnt want to make an investment to find someone who is way more qualified for the position.

• Stayed January 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here several times and everytime we have run into an issue that Management would immediately fix. The first time we stayed here was the night before our wedding. We booked through HotWire (bad idea!) and had booked a queen smoking room. Unfortunately when we arrived we ended up in a double twin room that was non smoking. I expressed my concerns to the front desk and the next morning Reda, the hotel manager, came to our room and not only moved us to a different room but then gave us two free nights. Then this time, we booked through hotels.com this time (again, bad idea) and had requested a King smoking room. We ended up with a queen non smoking room. We ended up leaving the hotel and going elsewhere and Randy, the area supervisor, called me and gave me and my family two free nights in a king smoking room. Thank you Reda and Randy! If it werent for you two, we probably wouldnt have ever come back to this hotel!!! But you really know how to keep your customers happy. Thank you!

Room Tip: Do not ever book with a booking agency online. Always go directly through the hotel!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
mzubair, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I am pleased that Reda and Randy were able to keep you as happy customer. Again let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future."
Cleveland, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here before - but it has been 6+ years. Obviously, they have done no maintenance in those 6+ years. The first room they assigned us stunk (smoke?) and the AC unit was dripping on the floor. We were given another room. That room also stunk. These are non-smoking rooms?!! The window had a large crack in it with a hole in the screen. There was a cobweb on the bedside lamp. There was a large area in the bathroom ceiling where they'd obviously had a flood from the room above. There was a hole punched in the inside of the bathroom door. The floors were filthy. The kitchen did not have the minimum dishes and silverware and there were crumbs in the silverware drawer. While we should have appreciated the peanuts left on the carpet beside the bed, we did not. Bottom line is that they do not appear to do any maintenance or cleaning in the rooms or on the outdoor stairways. We've never had a problem like this with an Extended Stay hotel and were very disappointed. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s General Manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

The first thing I noticed as soon as I came into the room was the smell, vaguely reminiscent of cigarettes. Other than that, at first sight, we were delighted by the fully equipped kitchen. We did get febreeze from the front desk for the smell, which was nice of them. Further investigation showed cigarette burns in the sheets, which was disappointing, as it was a non smoking room. Two of the towels in the bathroom looked as if they were unwashed. The carpet was covered in stains, and looked disgusting, so much so that we had to wear shoes and slippers. Getting into bed, the sheets were wrinkled and felt uncomfortable, as if they had been used and not cleaned. Waking up, my body felt dirty, and itched all over. Really??

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View? Share your experiences!