“We'd rather sleep in the car” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #101 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“We'd rather sleep in the car”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The first thing I noticed as soon as I came into the room was the smell, vaguely reminiscent of cigarettes. Other than that, at first sight, we were delighted by the fully equipped kitchen. We did get febreeze from the front desk for the smell, which was nice of them. Further investigation showed cigarette burns in the sheets, which was disappointing, as it was a non smoking room. Two of the towels in the bathroom looked as if they were unwashed. The carpet was covered in stains, and looked disgusting, so much so that we had to wear shoes and slippers. Getting into bed, the sheets were wrinkled and felt uncomfortable, as if they had been used and not cleaned. Waking up, my body felt dirty, and itched all over. Really??

• Stayed August 2012
mzubair, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were caught in a horrible thunderstorm last week in Memphis and decided to get a room - several properties were sold out but Best Western referred us to this sister property & they had a few rooms left - the first room was totally unexceptable but we were so exhausted we accepted the second (last) room - filthy carpet & sofa - no toilet paper in the bathroom - after hours card access ripped from wall and they had spliced wires and added a phone that was barely hanging on the ledge for guests to get in -
We will never stay at this brand again - Bad management - locally & nationally if they allowed property to get this rundown - missing light fixture - hugh horrible stain in main hallway

Room Tip: no we didnt eat the free breakfast - couldn't imagine what the kitchen looked like if their room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Memphis - Sycamore View. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I would suggest before making a room available please make sure that everything is working properly. Also, when a guest calls too report a problem pleae be polite enough too fix the problem as quickly as possible. I checked in today 04-06-2012, this afternoon and I am yet too receive a working remote. And I booked a 3 day stay. It would appear that you guys don't need guest. Although, I have been billed almost 200.00. Your establishment has forgotten that Customer Service is one of the main ingredient for a successful business. I have only been here for a couple hours and I would not recommend this location too anyone nor will I come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

North Hollywood, CA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I must say... that my recent stay at this hotel was nothing short of superb. The staff were friendly and well mannered, the continental breakfast was a way to start the day, and the overall atmosphere was one of exhilaration, and admiration. I really enjoyed the stay here and would recommend it for any one traveling in Memphis, or elsewhere.

Room Tip: The ground floor seemed to have an air of quiet and comfort to it.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Memphis - Sycamore View. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I first visited here in 09, was ment to stay 5 nights, but ended up staying almost a month of the 6 weeks i was in tennesse. Since then I've been back twice and fully intend on staying again.

The staff are lovely. I was 21 and travelling alone on my first trip, so they very kindly offered me a room right by the office incase i needed them. They always kept an eye out for me, gave me info on busses and recomended places to go and places to avoid.

On my first visit my air con was quite noisy- being english i had no idea how loud air-cons are ment to be so assumed it was normal. I'd mentioned i'd not got used to ac yet and went off to nola for a few days. That evening I had an email from the hotel apologising, sayignt here was actually something wrong with the air con that they'd now fixed and when i came back in a few days they'd keep me the room i liked right by the office.

The rooms aren't 5*, but for the price what can you expect. There's a good size fidge and freezer, plus stove and basic cooking equiptment. On one visit i found 1 cockroach in my bathroom- it was tiny- i killed it and i never saw another on any of my stays there.

They've been doing up rooms over the past 3 years so i've not seen the old rooms- but the new ones are basic but everything you need. I spent a month here and was perfectly happy. There are enough stores and restaurants near if you fancy a quiet nigh (and is in the dominos delivery zone). There's even a bus that goes from right out front to downtown if you fancy a bozzy night, want to taxi back and dont want to leave the car downtown.

I've taken the bus a bunch of times- on advice only during the day- and it's been absolutly fine. even met some lovely people on it. be aware they dont give change though so if you pay with a $5 bill they'll take $5 for a $3 day pass.

Buty yes. Basic but adaquate hotel. Fantastic staff and will stay again.

it's a 20 min car ride to Beale St or Graceland, but is a really simple drive (left then left or right, left, right)- bus down to beale for $1 and taxi back will be under $25.

Room Tip: upgrade for the new rooms. I like the queen suites by the office on the ground floor the best. Are b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Room Service will steal your belongs and try and call your room in the following days to find out if you are there to come in and steal again... Front desk I believe is involved...

Room Tip: Make sure you get the brand new room the first time because they will constantly tell you there are...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Waynesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

booked this hotel for a quick 1 night stay while passing thru memphis. room was absolutely the most worn out dirty room i've ever seen. looked like an old dorm room. we asked for our money back. i called corp. and told them. they apol. .

Room Tip: we were only in 1, that was enough.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View? Share your experiences!