“Dirty rooms for rent” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 134 hotels in Memphis
San Antonio, Texas
“Dirty rooms for rent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We were caught in a horrible thunderstorm last week in Memphis and decided to get a room - several properties were sold out but Best Western referred us to this sister property & they had a few rooms left - the first room was totally unexceptable but we were so exhausted we accepted the second (last) room - filthy carpet & sofa - no toilet paper in the bathroom - after hours card access ripped from wall and they had spliced wires and added a phone that was barely hanging on the ledge for guests to get in -
We will never stay at this brand again - Bad management - locally & nationally if they allowed property to get this rundown - missing light fixture - hugh horrible stain in main hallway

Room Tip: no we didnt eat the free breakfast - couldn't imagine what the kitchen looked like if their room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Memphis - Sycamore View. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I would suggest before making a room available please make sure that everything is working properly. Also, when a guest calls too report a problem pleae be polite enough too fix the problem as quickly as possible. I checked in today 04-06-2012, this afternoon and I am yet too receive a working remote. And I booked a 3 day stay. It would appear that you guys don't need guest. Although, I have been billed almost 200.00. Your establishment has forgotten that Customer Service is one of the main ingredient for a successful business. I have only been here for a couple hours and I would not recommend this location too anyone nor will I come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

North Hollywood, CA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I must say... that my recent stay at this hotel was nothing short of superb. The staff were friendly and well mannered, the continental breakfast was a way to start the day, and the overall atmosphere was one of exhilaration, and admiration. I really enjoyed the stay here and would recommend it for any one traveling in Memphis, or elsewhere.

Room Tip: The ground floor seemed to have an air of quiet and comfort to it.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Memphis - Sycamore View. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I first visited here in 09, was ment to stay 5 nights, but ended up staying almost a month of the 6 weeks i was in tennesse. Since then I've been back twice and fully intend on staying again.

The staff are lovely. I was 21 and travelling alone on my first trip, so they very kindly offered me a room right by the office incase i needed them. They always kept an eye out for me, gave me info on busses and recomended places to go and places to avoid.

On my first visit my air con was quite noisy- being english i had no idea how loud air-cons are ment to be so assumed it was normal. I'd mentioned i'd not got used to ac yet and went off to nola for a few days. That evening I had an email from the hotel apologising, sayignt here was actually something wrong with the air con that they'd now fixed and when i came back in a few days they'd keep me the room i liked right by the office.

The rooms aren't 5*, but for the price what can you expect. There's a good size fidge and freezer, plus stove and basic cooking equiptment. On one visit i found 1 cockroach in my bathroom- it was tiny- i killed it and i never saw another on any of my stays there.

They've been doing up rooms over the past 3 years so i've not seen the old rooms- but the new ones are basic but everything you need. I spent a month here and was perfectly happy. There are enough stores and restaurants near if you fancy a quiet nigh (and is in the dominos delivery zone). There's even a bus that goes from right out front to downtown if you fancy a bozzy night, want to taxi back and dont want to leave the car downtown.

I've taken the bus a bunch of times- on advice only during the day- and it's been absolutly fine. even met some lovely people on it. be aware they dont give change though so if you pay with a $5 bill they'll take $5 for a $3 day pass.

Buty yes. Basic but adaquate hotel. Fantastic staff and will stay again.

it's a 20 min car ride to Beale St or Graceland, but is a really simple drive (left then left or right, left, right)- bus down to beale for $1 and taxi back will be under $25.

Room Tip: upgrade for the new rooms. I like the queen suites by the office on the ground floor the best. Are b...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Room Service will steal your belongs and try and call your room in the following days to find out if you are there to come in and steal again... Front desk I believe is involved...

Room Tip: Make sure you get the brand new room the first time because they will constantly tell you there are...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Waynesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

booked this hotel for a quick 1 night stay while passing thru memphis. room was absolutely the most worn out dirty room i've ever seen. looked like an old dorm room. we asked for our money back. i called corp. and told them. they apol. .

Room Tip: we were only in 1, that was enough.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

*takes a deep breath* Where.....do I......begin?? When I first checked in, I asked to see the room before it was assigned to me. I head to the room, located on the 2nd floor. Opened the door and almost fainted from the stench. Whatever it was, it was awful and I knew I would never want to smell that smell again. I head back and request for another room. I was told there weren't any available til Wed (it was Monday), and that most likely the smell was from smoke. However, I know what smoke smells like and that wasn't it. But it already was supposed to be a non-smoking room??? He tells me that all of their non-smoking rooms are on the 1st flr (for an extra fee). How convenient! So I change to the 1st flr one, which is better b/c there are no elevators at this facility. So was I satisfied??? Of course not....roach infested city!!! I spent the majority of my night killing roaches. On the bed, on the walls, paintings, in the tv (yes, they were crawling from out of the tv), fridge, behind bathroom mirrors, shower wall. It was ridiculous. I took pictures and complained. They sprayed and then MORE CAME. By that time, I was crying and the manager switched my reservations to a location on Horizon Lake Dr (5 stars). Overall I guess the staff was helpful. I mean, how could you be rude to me at this point. If the room was habitable, I'm sure I would be able to tell if the staff is generally nice. The location is convenient but the area doesn't scream creme de la creme either. Signs posted all around, "Park at your own risk", literally. Even when it was sunny out, the room was still gloomy with shades open. Its definitely not a vacation spot. More so for ppl (probably the ones who keep saying this is an excellent spot) who really need to crash till whenever. And I get that, but if I knew I would be sharing my room with "pets", I would've booked accordingly. Beware!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Sycamore View? Share your experiences!