“Location , Location, Location” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burlington, Vt.
“Location , Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

A great location to enjoy Memphis, near the river and Beale street. The trolleys went down one evening and we found it was a quick pleasant walk back from Beale Street. The service is spotty. Some people are very helpful but the morning front desk man was completely unhelpful when I asked to be moved because someone had spent a lot of time smoking in our bathroom. (It is a nonsmoking hotel.) The evening desk person offered to move us that night but my daughter was already asleep so he said just come down first thing in the morning. The morning guy said there were no rooms available and who told me I could move! The manager heard the conversation and she easily solved the problem, moving us immediately to another room. The breakfast was average, they ran out of cream one morning and left the water pitcher empty. Yet the rooms are nice and fairly priced.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
dearborn hts, michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

rooms were clean and we enjoyed the connecting rooms with 6 of us travel together.beds were confortable but pillows were too  big. The location was near Beale street about 2-3 blocks but we couldnt walk it we took the trolley.I didn't like that the hotel didnt have a lounge area. It would have been nice to get a drink last in the evening to relax. Also  no dinning area near by. There is a city park across thestreet that looked pretty with the flowers bloom but it night it was to scary to walk. But overall it was ok.   Next visit I would stay closer to Beale street ,,,more fun  & activity

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Spent 3 nights in Memphis. Hotel is ideally situated for the tram that stops outside the hotel which will take you to Beale St. Perfectly acceptable room which was clean and tidy. The room also contained a fridge and microwave which were useful. A safe is also in the room. Limited fitness facilities and small outdoor pool that are seldom busy. Breakfast was self service buffet and was adequate. Plastic cutlery and plates were a tad annoying. Staff were helpful and pleasant.
Have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Dexter, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

Do NOT follow mapquest directions to this hotel! The hotel entrance is actually on West Court street, off of Front Steet. We had to call the hotel to get proper directions, since Main street is only for the trolleys. we actually saw people out our window trying to find the hotel driving on the trolley line! lol. Other than that the hotel was a great price. It had a microwave, fridge, very comfortable bed and pillows, and nice little sitting area with pull out couch. The trolley line ran about every 5-10 min and at times was loud, but never woke us up from sleeping. It was only about a 10 minute walk to Beale street and we always felt safe. The trolley is only $1 and didn't even take 5 minutes to get to Beale street. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

Usually stay at the Marriott downtown, but wanted to give this one a try. Location is much better as it is just a short walk to many downtown restaurants and attractions.

I was initially put in a suite with 1 King bed....it was TINY. There was no rack to put my suitcase on and the room was so cramped that I had to put my suitcase in the middle of the floor in the kitchen. Then the front-desk noticed that my reservation request had been for a room on the quiet side of the building (away from trolley), so they called my room and offered to switch me. The 2-double room was bigger, but the layout was still awkward.

Didn't have the problem that many people encountered about running out of food at breakfast. -- that was fine for me.

Overall nice location (once you drive around 10 times trying to find the place), easy self-parking, nice staff but older facility that's a bit cramped.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Buda, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My sisters and my best friend and I spent the weekend in Memphis with our kids--7 total ages 7 to 13.

We stayed in the Historic kress building. Rooms were spacious and clean. My friend had a room facing the trolley line and the noise bothered her, but we liked having the transportation option so close to our hotel and we rode it 2-3 times. We loved the free breakfast in the hotel and the proximity to Beal St. The kids all swam in the pool and we spent a couple of afternoons lounging poolside.

We visited Graceland and mostly just spent time together with our family. My sisters live in Ohio and my friend and I live in Texas, so this was halfway and a great getaway for our families.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone for location, free breakfast and the comfort of the rooms.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We were in town on vacation and stayed Thursday thru Monday. The entire staff was super friendly. The rooms were clean. It is very convenient to downtown and Beale St. The breakfast was good and always well stocked. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown? Share your experiences!