• A dirty sponge was left in our room on day 2, presumably by the housekeeper. It was not removed throughout our entire stay.
• Soap and lotions were not replenished, despite being used, on day 2.
• On day 3, we were only given 2 clean towels instead of the 4 we needed and received the first two days.
• When passing a housekeeper in the hallway, we were ignored and not greeted. No good morning or hello. They looked in the other direction when we passed them. THIS IS NOT MARRIOTT.
• We ate breakfast all 3 mornings and not once did the associates in the breakfast area greet us or say good morning.
• All 3 mornings, food was running out and not replenished despite 30+ minutes remaining of service. Oatmeal was empty, milk was frozen, bread was depleted and food was removed from the buffet 15-30 minutes prior to the close of service.
• On Sunday morning the toaster literally lit on fire. The breakfast room quickly filled with smoke. NO SMOKE DETECTOR WENT OFF. The staff was barely concerned and did not react with any sense of urgency. This is concerning.
• When food was empty, the staff was nowhere to be found to ask for more.
• Throughout the breakfast area are beautiful signs describing the “seasonal” menu with fresh fruit. There was nothing fresh or seasonal about the buffet.
• Cereal selections: there was nothing with more than 3 grams of fiber such as Kashi (still a Kellogg’s product).
Front Desk Staff:
• Every time we approached the front desk, we were ignored by the front desk associate while they finished what they were doing on the computer or phone. The y did not say hello or thank us for waiting or ask us to wait.
• One day we asked for transportation to Graceland. We were put in touch with “Last Minute Transportation” who ended up abandoning us at a restaurant 3 miles from downtown after we paid $70 even though they said they would pick us up.
• The next day we asked for a taxi to take us to the Civil Rights Museum. Instead of a taxi, the front desk agent called Last Minute Transportation. We were forced to pay $10 to go 4 blocks away.
• The gym was scorching hot – no A/C.
• There were no towels in the gym all 3 days.
• The staff throughout the hotel was less than friendly.
• The staff did not smile or say hello when passing.
• The associates appeared to be lazy and not happy.
• There were no smiles or pleasantries – we were ignored the entire time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious, all-suite hotel located 10 mi from Graceland; minutes from area restaurants and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Memphis Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Springhill Suites