“Good hotel, quiet neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Plains, Missouri
“Good hotel, quiet neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The hotel was easy to find coming off of the interstate. Check in was a breeze. The front desk staff didn't tell us where to park and we were unhappy to see it was a couple blocks away. We loaded back in the car to go park. Once we got to the garage, the attendant told us we needed a pass to hang on the rear view mirror to show they validated our parking so we had to turn around and go get one. We went back to the hotel where I was dropped with some of the bags while my husband got the pass and parked the car. It would have been nice for the front desk employees to have given us a pass when we asked about parking.

When we got to the room, it was very nice. Everything was in great working order and looked fresh and clean. The shower didn't drain efficiently and I ended up standing in a half full tub but other than that the room was great.

The complementary breakfast was good. I just wish they had some kind of potato included. Coffee was good and lots of different kinds of cream were available. There was a nice place outside to sit and people watch.

The walk to Beale St was around 15 minutes, but I would suggest taking the trolley. It's $1 to ride and will drop you literally across the street from the hotel. The neighborhood is quiet with lots of hotels along the trolley line. I didn't see many vagrants and felt safe even when walking at 2am.

We had a great experience and will be back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments concerning SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. The hotel is centrally located so it is convenient to all the downtown venues but also offers our guests a location that is quieter in a park like atmosphere directly across from Court Square Park.

I hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Susan Covington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I liked this hotel. It had a large room with good facilities and a comfy bed. Nice view of Court square from the balcony. Short walk to bars and restaurant's. 10 - 15 min walk to the fabulous Beale St. The tram stop is outside. Very picturesque and useful.
There was an extensive selection at breakfast [included]. Better than a lot of more expensive hotels. The breakfast room was small, but we shared tables and swopped stories with other tourists. I now think smaller is better,if this is your type of thing.
I was a little disappointed with the pool but it was ok.
I would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: The view from the balcony rooms is worth the extra.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will consider staying with us in the future.

Please fee free to contact me directly if I cn ever be of service.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed three nights in the Springhill suites in the historic Kress building. Our room was very comfortable and looked out onto Main Street. The hotel is perfectly located with around ten minutes walk to Beale Street and all the attractions. The complimentary breakfast was also good and all the staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the Kress building which has an exit straight onto Main Street
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations as well as all the amenities the hotel has to offer.

Your feedback is very important to us and I will certainly share it with my staff!

Droitwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I will start from the point that I expected a little bit more from this hotel. Not that I didn't enjoy this stay, but it could have been a little bit more glamorous for the price paid.

I admit that the location was great - couldn't be more convenient. Check in/out easy and simple. The room of a good size with the sofa bed aside, comfortable beds and pillows. Free bottles of water, breakfast included in a rate.
But there was something not completely great about the room - it felt too dark, the bathroom looked quite old, the water gathered on the floor while having a shower, one of the bulbs above the sink was off, the safe out of order and I couldn't have it programmed to shut.

These are quite minor details, but many minors can create one major.

The breakfast was almost decent, but as per usual I disliked that American tradition of fiddly plastic cutlery and crockery, also their coffee was way too weak for me, no fresh fruit salad. I would have appreciated the staff clearing the breakfast tables and replenishing the buffet more efficiently and a bit faster as there were times when we had to go back to the bedroom and return later to get a table. Or get a dirty one and clear it ourselves.

We visited four different hotel (all 3 stars) during this trip, this one was the least favourite. Don't get me wrong, it was still good and I would still probably return to this place next time but with lower expectations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you fo your feedback concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay but I am also sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with the hotel and the accommodations. I will certainly address your issues with my staff.

Again, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, which only helps us to improve our guests experience.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We found this hotel to be in a great location and very well priced for a brief 2 night stay, compared to other options nearby. The woman at the front desk when we checked in was cordial, though not super welcoming or friendly. She did however help us get checked in very early to two rooms in the main building and across the hall from each other. Because we checked in early, and needed rooms nearby, she couldn't accommodate our request to be away from the elevators, but she did give us rooms on the top floor (away from street traffic/trolleys). We ended up not hearing any elevator traffic at all. The rooms themselves were clean and nicely furnished, although the bathrooms could really use some updating. I would say the bathrooms were below average, particularly the separate tub/shower/toilet room. It seemed more of the quality that you would find in a Super 8 than in a Marriott property. The Main Street trolley stops right outside, but we found downtown Memphis to be completely walkable; it's not widespread at all. There is a Walgreens a block away, which was very useful. We would stay here again if the price was right.

Room Tip: Room 706 was next to the elevator but we didn't hear any traffic from it. It overlooked the pret...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities that the hotel has to offer. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff.

I really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback, which only helps us to do better and provide a better experience for our guests.

Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is in a great location to explore the sites of downtown Memphis and the riverfront. It is a 5 minute walk from Beale Street for music and BBQ lovers. Or if feeling lazy you can use the trolley that stops right outside. Also nearby is the Peabody complex, numerous bars and restaurants and even a Walgreens across the road for supplies. It has a bar that opens in the evenings, an outdoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was good with plenty to choose from and is complimentary. The staff were all quite friendly, but a special mention Jency / Jensy, who was very helpful to us as we had flight cancellations (United). The rooms are large and spacious and in the style of real suites. They were very comfortable and clean and well equipped with fridge, microwave, sink, safe and had separate sitting areas. We would definitely use this hotel again when in Memphis.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the trolley line and park and had no problems with noise.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will definitely share your feedback with my staff.

I hoep you will stay with us again soon. If I can ever be of service in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Lincoln, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights and were very pleased after we changed our room. Our first room was in the Kress wing and faced Main Street. The noise was just awful even though it was a Thursday. We were able to change to a room in the main building for the next night. Even though that room faced Main Street, it had double pane glass on a slider door and that was sufficient to shield all the street noise. Even though Main Street has no cars, the Trolley line and all the people tend to make a lot of noise.

Both our first room (one king) and our second room (two queens) were decent, and the WiFi worked without any issues. The bathroom in our first room was actually nicer than the one in the second room.

The staff was very helpful with maps and printer issues. The location could not have been better. You could walk to lots of places or take the trolley. The complimentary breakfast was better than what you get with most hotels. There were scrambled eggs, breakfast meat, biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, bagels, toast, fresh fruit.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: See notes about Kress wing room noise if room faces Main Street.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SCovington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at SpringHill Suites, Downtown Memphis. I am sorry you had to change rooms because of the Trolley noise. But I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the second room and were also able to enjoy the downtown area with all the restaurants and entertainment venues.

I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Memphis. If I can ever be of service in the future, pleas feel free to contact me .

Susan Covington

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis Downtown? Share your experiences!