“recent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“recent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel.It was a nice boutique hotel.Very friendly and accommodating
The area was not the best.Right on the outskirts of the restaurants and music clubs.
Though we did walk and had no problem with safety.Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Only the suites on the top 2 floors have views of the river.All the other rooms have views of the pa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your acknowledgement of our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I secently stayed at the Madison and it was superb in every aspect. Outstanding staff, exceptionally clean, very well appointed -- an A+ in every respect! The rooftop lounge was also spectacular. The Madison will absolutley be my "go to" hotel for any future stays in Memphis!!!

Room Tip: Absolutely incredible rooftop lounge -- not to be missed.
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for selecting us as your “go to” hotel while in Memphis. We appreciate your review and look forward to your next visit.
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I had a great get away weekend at the Madison. We checked in Thursday night and were given a room right by the elevator. We called the front desk and explained that were we away to rest and relax and the elevator room wouldn't work. The front desk and manager moved us to another room where we were very happy. They staff is very helpful. The hotel is in a great location and the roof deck has a great view. If you go to Memphis, stay at this hotel!

lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation and letting other guests know of our great rooftop lounge. We will be sure our staff knows of your kind remarks.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were lucky enough to come across this hotel when looking to get away with some friends in Memphis for the weekend. Rooms were spacious and clean. Front desk team (especially Felicia & Billy Simmons) were super friendly and helpful getting around town. Roof top bar was a great way to start off each evening...the view was great. The hotel made most major sites easy to access either by walking or hoping on the trolley. We would stay here again

Room Tip: Upgrade to the one of their suites so you are away from the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
We were delighted to see that you had a great stay and will share your feedback with our team. Our staff takes pride in exceeding guest expectations, and we are very fortunate to have individuals such as Felicia and Billy. Thank you for staying with us and posting your review and we look forward to your next visit.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I was in Memphis for a Vespa Rally recently, while I enjoyed the décor and the friendliness of the staff, I did have just a few issues with service. One was towels, for some reason we didn't get our towels restocked, I under stand the "Green" aspect. However the towels we hung up were removed and not replaced. I didn't notice this until the last day of our stay when I went for a towel after a shower and only had a tiny hand towel available to me. I am guessing that the house keeping staff may have been interrupted from restocking because we had a cooling issue in our room which was taken care of the second day. The mini bar states it will not be restocked unless we request restocking, I did request that but it wasn't restocked. I will say that I will give them another shot at making my stay pleasant the next time I am in Memphis. There were a series of missteps that I found very annoying but nothing that ruined my trip.
The hotel is very close to everything downtown, I loved the location. The Twilight Lounge on the top of the hotel offered really great views of the river and downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback, we appreciate our guests comments and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to apologize for the mishaps with housekeeping and the Executive Housekeeper will be sure to address this with our team. We appreciate you giving us another chance and look forward to your next visit.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We chose the Madison Hotel because of location and price. We stayed in a Jr. Suite and loved every minute we stayed in the hotel. The room was great. Elevators in this beautiful old hotel are a little slow...be prepared to wait in the prime of the morning! The roof top is a must with awesome views of the Mississippi River! Restaurant drinks are a bit steep for Memphis...$11 for a vodka/tonic...$5 at the bar down the ally! Service was outstanding and very helpful. \Would stay at the Madison agin if ever in Memphis.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $10 and go with the Jr. Suite!!
lleemadison, Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our property. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Can't beat the location. It's within walking distance to Beale Street, FedEx arena, Autozone field, etc. Plus, everything in Memphis is about a short 10-minute drive away. Don't vallery park since it's $29/day. There's a garage (Brinkley) for self parking on Front Street for just $6 for every time you exit (e.g., if you park for three days and only leave the garage once, you only pay $6).

The staff is very friendly, but not a five-star service. I forgot my toothbrush and asked for a complementary toothbrush. The front desk gentleman said he'll send house keeping up with a toothbrush, but it never came. Our room had a mild smell, which I later found out that there are "potholes"on the floor and there was something wet in one of the holes. I didn't complain to them since we were only there for two nights and had to rush to the airport so forgot to mention it.

I might look into another hotel to try the next time I'm there, but it's not bad for the location.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
angiehmemphis, General Manager at Madison Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at the Madison. We trully apprecate guest feedback and take all comments to heart. I can understand your frustration with Valet parking prices - but unfortunatley, we don't have parking on site. I am so glad that you found ample and suitable Public parking so close to the hotel. I have shared your comments regarding a simple request for a toothbrush with the Front office team and the Housekeeping team - I am very sorry for the inconvenience. I am afraid I am not sure what your are referring to in regards to "potholes" but we will research and remedy the problem. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you will allow us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. Sincerely, Angie Hines, GM

Been to Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!