“Poor Cleanliness” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1556 Sycamore View Rd, Memphis, TN 38134 (Formerly Drury Inn & Suites Memphis Northeast)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #69 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
NW Arkansas
“Poor Cleanliness”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Our heater didn't work and so we had to change rooms. Our room was dirty- pillow cases stunk, yellow stuff was smeared everywhere. There were old remnants of previous occupants- quite gross. The whole place looks, smells, and feels of dilapidation. Sorry, but it's true.

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I travel a lot and stay in various chains, I am impressed with the room and specially King size bed. The front desk service was great it was my second stay with this motel, and looking forward again on Sept.07

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The hotel is being remodeled piece by piece from what I can tell. The lobby was being finished the first of my 2 days and was open the 2nd. Our room was very clean, and very comfortable. We would've loved to be closer to downtown but since we had a car it didn't matter. The staff was great as was breakfast. More options than most people would ever need. Waffles, cereals hot and cold, scrambled eggs, ham, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit, breads and pastries, fried potatoes, and I'm sure there's more. They also offer a dinner buffet a few nights a week. (I think they said Thur-Sat) The attendant for the breakfast area tried to make a moment to converse with everyone both mornings we were there. My only complaint would be the lack of single serve toiletries. There is a dispenser on the shower wall which left me a concern with what other less polite guests could pour into the dispensers for me to then use on my body. In the future I would bring my own or ask for fresh stuff at the front desk.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I were on a road trip from Virginia to California and back. We stayed in hotels in several states across the country. This was the Worst Hotel we came across. I made a reservation through Hotels,com while on the road. I read the many great reviews about this hotel and had come to depend on the reviews of other travelers. It was approximately 11 pm and we were getting weary and needed a place to sleep. Upon arriving at the hotel as I proceeded to get out of the car my husband said , "wait, let me walk you in. There were a couple of suspicious looking gentlemen standing around the front door. There was a lot of activity around this hotel.. People were walking back and forth. The outside of the hotel was not clean, there were oil spots from cars at the front entrance and the entrance wasn't clean. It was late so I went in and checked in. The lobby was in need of an update and the persons behind the counter were not professionally presented. He told us we could drive our car around to the side to the other door to unload our belongings. There was a large sign in the parking lot advising residents to take all of their belongings out of their cars. The gentleman who checked me in was friendly so I asked him if this was a safe place to stay . He mumbled something. His shirt was not tucked in but it was late so I overlooked that too. We did not unload our suitcases because my husband wanted to check out the room first. He and my grandson came back downstairs and said the room was not clean. They said there was ice in the sink, trash in the trash cans and the towels were used. They said the room smelled smoky. I had requested a non smoking room.
Now there was a lady at the desk and I told her we could not sleep there so the gave me a key to another room on the first floor by the back door. She said we should look at that one to see if we liked it better. Upon inspecting the beds we noticed that both beds has stains on the sided of the mattress that looked like someone spilled something brown on them. The beds were made but the floor was dirty. As we left the room we noticed that the hallway was dirty and had not been vacuumed. There was plaster dust along the hallway and candy along the walls. There was a smell as well. We went back to the front desk to tell the lady that we could not sleep there and requested a refund. She said she could not give us a refund because it was made through a third party. I got in the car and called Hotels.com and reported this and requested a refund to my debit card. The person from Hotels.com said the owner did not want to refund my money but finally agreed and it should be back on my card. Well that was not true. The money was not refunded to my card. As I was sitting in the parking lot on the phone I noticed that in the Waffle house in the adjoining parking lot a Police officer was stationed at the door of the restaurant. All of these things, including the nightlife around the hotel led me to believe that I had been mislead by all the wonderful reviews of this hotel. So here we were a family of four sitting in the ghetto at a rundown hotel trying to find another place to go. Don't believe the reviews. I believe they were written by the hotel staff. This is a flop house. Go to a safe and clean place where you can relax. Oh I failed to mention the bullet proof window at the front of the lobby. When we went to return to the lobby of the hotel, the front doors were locked. The man in front of us spoke to someone through the small opening in the bullet proof window. Another man was exiting the hotel so the sliding doors opened and we were able to get in. Don't bother with this dump,

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed there with my mother-in-law on Friday 7/18. We got in late and my mother-in-law is very picky. She has to review every room before we turn over the credit cards. Her room was very nice. It had brand new carpet and the bed was comfortable. It was also on the first floor and that was nice for her since she has some physical limitations. My room was on the third floor and was equally nice; however, the first room they tried to put me in had a broken ac unit and the light in the bathroom did not work. They switched me immediately. Kaela, the front desk person, was extremely nice and worked to satisfy my mother-in-law which is no easy feat. The breakfast was outstanding and everything went well. They did forget my wake-up call, but I was awake on time anyway. All in all a great stay for the money and it was literally one minute from the interstate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Visiting family/vacationing for 3 nights in Memphis. The location was good and the room was clean. However, we were unhappy with the customer service. The 1st morning we received a "curtesy wake up call" at 0630 am that we did not request. We reported it the next morning and were told the wake up call would be removed. Again the 2nd morning we received the wake up call and reported it again and was told it was fixed. The 3rd morning it happened again. The person at the desk stated she didn't understand why we kept getting the call. We also got locked out of our room one of the days. We were also quoted a price the 1st night we checked in, were charged $20 more on the other nights ( and weren't told it would more). The hotel in general was nice, but it is unlikely we will stay there again due to the issues I just described.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!