“Nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6020 Shelby Oaks Drive, Memphis, TN 38134-7405 (Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #52 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Montreal
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel is surrounded by other chain hotels - next time I would check one of those. Reception was very pleasant, room is spacious and quiet. Internet was not working, I was told it must be my fault because no one else had complained. I took the laptop downstairs and was able to connect - turns out the room is almost out of range. There were no towels in the room, when I called down I was told to come down and collect the towels myself. The rate was good (we use the tourist couple books) but there are a number of other hotels in the same range or cheaper that would be as good as if not better. Pool is nice but small, ditto exercise room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed in this hotel on July 7th and was looking forward to seeing a 2.5 star that had a 4.5 average review. Sadly, it didn't live up to my high expectations. Staff was very friendly and accomodative but as for the property, you get what you pay for. This is a $60 per night hotel and looks and feels like one.....so reduce your expections and expect what you pay for. The hotel is dated, not as clean as I might have liked, but acceptable and has a fair amount of deferred maintenance. I would not likely stay there again as it is a 1.5 star in 2.5 star clothing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was in Cordova, behind the mall. Very nice place. Stayed overnight with my 20-month old. Quick check in and out. Got it at more than half off through Priceline.com and came away very satisfied. Wish we had made time to use the pool - it looked nice, too. We were too busy making use of the very comfortable beds and pillows. :) A completely smoke-free place is nearly always a winner in my books! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nothing special. desk clerk was super nice. Carpets were filthy, bedspreads torn, hair in the tub and bed. A/C worked great. Room was fairly quiet. Location and price was great, probably wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Lady at the front desk was AWESOME!!! Gave us a room update and was extremely beyond nice... Now the rooms were dirty and the microwave had mold in it!! breakfast was decent!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our first room had a broken TV and the front desk clerk offered to move us to a different room. The room she gave us reeked of smoke, so we asked to be moved yet again. I was in the original room while my husband shuttled back and forth moving our belongings when the desk clerk came up to check on the TV. Initially she evidenced an attitude that seemed to indicate she thought I just didn't know how to turn on a TV. Once she ascertained that the TV was indeed broken, her attitude changed and she became friendly and helpful. The third room was clean and fine for our needs with a working TV.

Sadly this hotel has paper thin walls. I was awakened around 1:00 am and again around 3:00 am by people coming and going in the halls.

Breakfast was adequate. No fresh fruit and no yogurt--toast, cereal & waffles. OK but nothing to write home about.

In all, I wouldn't stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Not a horrible place to stay. Was reasonably close to the Memphis area. Seemed to be in an undesirable neighborhood. I was worried about leaving my vehicle in the parking lot because there were plenty of people loitering in the surrounding property at midnight when I went to the next door gas station for a drink. Room wasn't that bad. Had a hard time working the AC, but it got the job done. Internet was good. Room was semi clean, stains on carpets - but what hotel doesnt have that. Toilet was broken, and had to be adjusted after every flush to prevent it from running loudly all night - something they obviously encounter every time they clean the room, but never bother to fix.

I was on the top floor to avoid any family noise/disturbance. This didn't seem to work. There were older kids going through the hallways at all hours. At one point around 10pm one of them actually knocked at my door only to say "whoops wrong room" and walk away when I answered.

Breakfast was lousy. Standard continental breakfast with a waffle maker. Waffles were gross, tasted sour, like the batter had gone bad. Breakfast was also supposed to start at 6am, but when I went down to the area it was still being set up by the front desk worker and it wasn't ready til about 6:20. I also found out that my checkout receipt showed a double charge for the room. I had to speak with the manager to get the issue corrected and verified that my account would not be overcharged.

Because of the hassles, I probably wouldn't stay here again. When I am business traveling I just want to relax and not worry about little things. It was a pain having to fix the toilet after every flush and play with the thermostat every 30 minutes to keep the room comfortable. I usually like to be out the door by 7am, so waiting for breakfast to be set up was also inconvenient. I also shouldn't have to worry about my credit card getting double charged or my vehicle being stolen/broken in to. In the future I'll spend the extra 20 and stay at the Wyndham.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor, the front desk is rarely monitored after 8pm and the phone will r...