“Not what I expect from Extended Stay America” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Horizon Lake Drive, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #116 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Marietta, Georgia
“Not what I expect from Extended Stay America”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were excited after we called and made a reservation for the Memorial Day weekend since we know the area would be hard to get at that time. I explained to the person that I had a Be Our Guest (BOG) certificate and wanted to use it during the stay. She said it would not be a problem and asked for the BOG #, then provided a confirmation number. I called back a couple days before we traveled to Memphis and confirmed the reservation again just to be on the safe side.

We got to the hotel around 6:00 pm, identified ourselves and indicated that we had a reservation for that weekend. We were told by the front desk clerk that she needed to get the manager to assist. When the manager came over to the front desk, she promptly advised us that the BOG was not approved by herself or her general manager and therefore could not be used. I explained to her that I had made the reservation some time back and the person I spoke with knew I was using the BOG. The manager looked at the computer and read a note that was in the system stating that I would be using the BOG...so they were aware... however, the manager continued to explain that the process was not followed. I politely advised the manager that I do not know their process, but I have a reservation. At this time, the manager proceeded to inform me that the BOG could only be used in Atlanta (during our conversation, I told her I drove from ATL), and that my GM should have made the reservation for me. I explained to her that I did NOT work for her company but instead I received the BOG from Elisa Neal, the manager at the Roseville, MI location as a sales opportunity.

The manager said she was sorry, but...the BOG could not be used. I told the manager that I would pay for the room. She asked me to hold on while she spoke with the GM. Later she emerged from the office with the GM and stated that they would in fact honor the BOG certificate, however, they did not have the room I reserved (queen with 2 beds), and in fact, they only had two rooms available. She gave me the key to the first room for me to inspect and see if it was "acceptable". The first room was FILTHY! The curtains and the couch were extremely stained (pictures available to prove this) and the room was CLEARLY smoked room, when I needed for NON-smoking.

I returned to the front desk and told the manager that room would not work based on what I described earlier. She gave me the key to another room with only one bed. The room was a little cleaner, however, after inspecting the bathroom, I saw underwear on the floor behind the bathroom door. It was as disgusting as you can image. I returned to the front desk to explain to the manager that this would not do either, only to be informed by the front desk clerk that the manager had already left for the day.

The clerk started looking for the general manager to see if he could assist. After waiting another 30 minutes I inquired what the hold up was, and the clerk advised me that the GM was not in his office. Now at the 2 hour mark, I asked the clerk to take my number and call when the GM returns.

I got a call from the clerk about 30 minutes after I left. She said that the (filthy) room was NON-smoking but since I think it smells, she can offer me Febreeze and that was really all they had. I politely declined the room and advised her to check the room before offering it to another guest.

I had such a good time staying at the Extended Stay in Roseville, MI so my expectation for any other Extended Stay hotel was to have the same experience or better. Overall, my impression of the Extended Stay America, Wolfchase Galleria is that the building is welcoming and looks good. The lobby is clean and huge, but the rooms I looked at were dirty and far from acceptable. The customer service was POOR and I expected much more from Extended Stay America

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you pay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Franklin, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Looks can definitely be deceiving. The outside landscaping, lobby and location are nice, but once you walk to your room total chaos! The bathtub and sink had soap from a previous stay. One of the pillows had a stain. The room had a little odor. The hotel ran out of toilet paper.. My advice DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We had little choice when we booked in due to the festival in May. The room was filthy. Lots of stains on the carpet and sofa. The cooking utensils were dirty. The receptionist kindly replaced our frying pan for a clean one. The kitchen benchtop was dirty. My bedspread had a stain on it.

• Stayed May 2013
Wilmington, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Awful. The rooms are disgusting. A picture says a 1000 words so I will post mine. There are so many things that are wrong with this place. The whole hotel reeks of urine. There are more stains than there are clean spots. Burn holes in bedding. Stained counters, hair, debris, and did I mention the strong smell of urine? Cigarette butts in sink, it was supposed to be a non smoking room. Broken furniture, broken closet door, most outlets did not work. Please see picture.

• Stayed March 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and My family was pleased with the friendliness of the staff during our stay... The room smelled a little bit but everything seemed to work fine in our Hotel Room.... We were able to cook our own food which I enjoyed... They didn't have much of a choice on there Breakfast but still was good... If I visit Memphis, TN again I would go back to this place because it made me feel like I was at home but knew I wasn't at home... It was a bit loud because of it being by the Highway but still a great place to go and stay faults....

• Stayed March 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's pretty obvious that this used to be a deluxe property but, age has taken its toll on the interior. The furnishings and especially the carpets are pretty worn out. It's still comfortable enough to spend a week or more and the fact that there is a full kitchen is a plus. While I was there the temps outside were 30s and 40s at night so, there was little need for a/c but, I did want some air movement in the room but, the fan of the unit didn't blow any air. The maintenance man was out for a few days so there was no one to fix the unit but, the manager gave me a little fan from her office....that was very thoughtful, thanks. Maintenance replaced the unit in a couple of days and all was good again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok so this is my first hotel review ever and I am writing this because I feel like this place doesn't get the credit it deserves. My husband and I are relocating to the Memphis area and we spent all weekend try to find a temporary place for us to stay for at least a month or longer. We went to all the Extended stays in the Bartlett area and this one was by far the nicest. Everyone that works here is extremely nice. Randy the manager went out of his way to make sure we had the room we wanted. We looked at several rooms on the first floor and all of them were nice. One of them the cabinets were a little rough looking. But nothing major. The room we decided to take was a queen studio. It was clean and smelled clean. The pillows on the bed are feather pillows which we thought was nice. The carpet looks new and the heat and air looks fairly new but the temps don't seem very accurate. But it works well. All of the linens were very clean. The bed was nice a little firm but we like a firmer mattress. The oversized chair was a little dingy but was comfortable and smelled clean. All of the appliances were clean and worked properly. All of the dishes were clean. You get enough for two people but if staying for awhile you would probably want to bring more. The lighting in the room could have been a little brighter. The shower was clean and has good water pressure which is a huge plus and if you like real hot water like myself they have that. The property overall is clean. Some things could be updated. The outside is Fabulous!!! The landscaping is very nice and they have a pond outside with a water fountain and my son who is 15 months old loves the geese and the ducks that seem to live here. The outside is well lit and being the country girl that I am that's a big plus as well. I would feel comfortable staying here by myself. Very safe. So I think that wraps things up. Hope I have helped someone.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!