“It was a very nice place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Horizon Lake Drive, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #115 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“It was a very nice place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and My family was pleased with the friendliness of the staff during our stay... The room smelled a little bit but everything seemed to work fine in our Hotel Room.... We were able to cook our own food which I enjoyed... They didn't have much of a choice on there Breakfast but still was good... If I visit Memphis, TN again I would go back to this place because it made me feel like I was at home but knew I wasn't at home... It was a bit loud because of it being by the Highway but still a great place to go and stay faults....

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's pretty obvious that this used to be a deluxe property but, age has taken its toll on the interior. The furnishings and especially the carpets are pretty worn out. It's still comfortable enough to spend a week or more and the fact that there is a full kitchen is a plus. While I was there the temps outside were 30s and 40s at night so, there was little need for a/c but, I did want some air movement in the room but, the fan of the unit didn't blow any air. The maintenance man was out for a few days so there was no one to fix the unit but, the manager gave me a little fan from her office....that was very thoughtful, thanks. Maintenance replaced the unit in a couple of days and all was good again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok so this is my first hotel review ever and I am writing this because I feel like this place doesn't get the credit it deserves. My husband and I are relocating to the Memphis area and we spent all weekend try to find a temporary place for us to stay for at least a month or longer. We went to all the Extended stays in the Bartlett area and this one was by far the nicest. Everyone that works here is extremely nice. Randy the manager went out of his way to make sure we had the room we wanted. We looked at several rooms on the first floor and all of them were nice. One of them the cabinets were a little rough looking. But nothing major. The room we decided to take was a queen studio. It was clean and smelled clean. The pillows on the bed are feather pillows which we thought was nice. The carpet looks new and the heat and air looks fairly new but the temps don't seem very accurate. But it works well. All of the linens were very clean. The bed was nice a little firm but we like a firmer mattress. The oversized chair was a little dingy but was comfortable and smelled clean. All of the appliances were clean and worked properly. All of the dishes were clean. You get enough for two people but if staying for awhile you would probably want to bring more. The lighting in the room could have been a little brighter. The shower was clean and has good water pressure which is a huge plus and if you like real hot water like myself they have that. The property overall is clean. Some things could be updated. The outside is Fabulous!!! The landscaping is very nice and they have a pond outside with a water fountain and my son who is 15 months old loves the geese and the ducks that seem to live here. The outside is well lit and being the country girl that I am that's a big plus as well. I would feel comfortable staying here by myself. Very safe. So I think that wraps things up. Hope I have helped someone.

• Stayed February 2013
Henderson, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

hotel is a dump!!! Stinks, Rooms Dirty, Furniture Broken, Rooms with no door knobs. no sheets for sleeper chair, messed up our reservation. then gave us rooms with unmaid beds. no one to answer phone at front desk. AC tore up.

Room Tip: my tip is to stay away
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
East Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The woman that checked us in was very nice & it's ONLY for that reason that I didn't fill out the survey that was e-mailed directly to me. But, people need to be forewarned about this place! I usually depend on ratings to help choose where I book, but I was in a hurry & didn't this time & I've lived to regret it! I'm not overly picky, but I do expect cleanliness.
Here's my experience: Lobby was nice. Check-in clerk (or manager) was nice. That's where "nice" ended. My sons & I took the elevator to the 3rd floor, stepped out to a hallway that looked like it was in the process of a renovation & smelled. Got to our "non-smoking" room & it smelled of old smoke & had an ashtray in a drawer. There were only 4 bath towels in the room (no hand towels or washcloths). So, I went back to the lobby to ask for more towels & bedding for the sleeper sofa. The clerk brought me the bedding, but profusely apologized that she hadn't managed to get the towels washed that day. What?! Then, she first asked if I could wait until the next afternoon, then she said she would scour the empty rooms on the 3rd floor & try to find some extra towels (adding that the 2nd floor had already been explored). I thanked her & went back upstairs. I was so looking forward to a hot bath after traveling all day, but... nope. The bathtub had some standing water, was stained & had no plug. Behind the toilet had a lot of water damage, a drawer was missing on the sink cabinet, the hair dryer plug was broken & had a short and the cord was filthy, when the sleeper sofa was pulled out, it was dirty underneath, the bedding had hair on it.... I could go on & on... THEN, we discover that we can't pick up their wi-fi on any of our devices. About that time there's a knock on the door & the clerk is standing there with a 4 washcloths & after I thank her, she asks if we could please be more quiet, b/c there was a complaint about the noise coming from our room. I told her that we weren't making any noise & she just smiled & said that she would try to move them to another room & if we could just "keep it down" till then. Seriously?! I just smiled & asked about the wi-fi & she said she could never remember how that works & would call me when she found out. The call came awhile later with an 800# to call, which I called & got the wi-fi to work. The walls are paper thin & the floors sqeak horribly, which is how we discovered we were making too much noise for the people below us... by WALKING. When one of my sons was walking to the bathroom, we were startled my some irate person in the room below BANGING on his ceiling/our floor. Ummmm... Solution? They must've gotten moved. We were gone from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. the days we were there, so it was only a place to sleep & shower. But, I would NOT stay there again. This is the worst experience I've had with a hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Before i came to this hotel i was staying at one of the other extended stay on shelby oaks and it was horrible need alots of work done to it, so when i heard about the one at wolfchase i decided to come take a look when i walked in the front enteries was very nice and cleaned customer service was very polite and greetable that took the charm . I went back and checked out the other one and came here just to see how the rooms were the first one i had was nice but when i checked out and came back a few days later the rooms i had after that was down hill couldn't never get anything done to the rooms they smelled,carpet really dirty,bathroom had mold that i had to take care of myself.Finally moved to another room it was really nice just didn't have the tv in the bedroom,but now i am in a room that i am ok with just need to get someone to clean this carpet because its has spots and dirty need some attentions .This hotel is in a very nice spot just need to be take care of a little better also the sofa bed in my room is very old and low to the floor i can't sit on,micowave going out need attenton.Customer service Tamar,Pam and Tabitha are very friendly make u feel at home always greet you with a smile. The hotel just need to be updated and minor things taken care off so that it can draw more people and less complaints.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This place was horrible. Poor customer from staff and manager, no extra towels, no breakfast, smoke reeked from the nonsmoking rooms, dirty carpet and filthy furniture. I came during a busy football weekend if any other places were available my family and I would not have stayed here. Oh, yeah when they finally allowed our check-in; they gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned enough said about this place!!

• Stayed September 2012
mzubair, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s General Manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed from the poor customer service to the condition of the rooms to the attention of our staff.

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!