You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Horizon Lake Drive, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #115 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee
“Brown2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Before i came to this hotel i was staying at one of the other extended stay on shelby oaks and it was horrible need alots of work done to it, so when i heard about the one at wolfchase i decided to come take a look when i walked in the front enteries was very nice and cleaned customer service was very polite and greetable that took the charm . I went back and checked out the other one and came here just to see how the rooms were the first one i had was nice but when i checked out and came back a few days later the rooms i had after that was down hill couldn't never get anything done to the rooms they smelled,carpet really dirty,bathroom had mold that i had to take care of myself.Finally moved to another room it was really nice just didn't have the tv in the bedroom,but now i am in a room that i am ok with just need to get someone to clean this carpet because its has spots and dirty need some attentions .This hotel is in a very nice spot just need to be take care of a little better also the sofa bed in my room is very old and low to the floor i can't sit on,micowave going out need attenton.Customer service Tamar,Pam and Tabitha are very friendly make u feel at home always greet you with a smile. The hotel just need to be updated and minor things taken care off so that it can draw more people and less complaints.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This place was horrible. Poor customer from staff and manager, no extra towels, no breakfast, smoke reeked from the nonsmoking rooms, dirty carpet and filthy furniture. I came during a busy football weekend if any other places were available my family and I would not have stayed here. Oh, yeah when they finally allowed our check-in; they gave us a room that hadn't been cleaned enough said about this place!!

• Stayed September 2012
mzubair, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s General Manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed from the poor customer service to the condition of the rooms to the attention of our staff.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I went to the Extended Stay for the Labor Day weekend, and there was a dead rat laying at the front door. I told the receptionist and she said, "It can just lay there 'cause they don't pay me enough to pick up no dead rat." I decided to meet some friends and check in later. 2 hours later, I came back and the rat was still there. I canceled my reservation.

• Stayed September 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your experience when you arrived at the hotel was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future."
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

First of let me say that the lady who checked me in was very nice and helpful(don't know her name,she had no name badge on),and also I believe the manager was on duty she was great as well.But this hotel has several major issues that require attention immediately,I don't know who cleans the rooms (Or lack thereof) but they don't do a good job at cleaning the rooms,or stocking them with the right amount of towels (even though I didn't need a lot of towels,I pay attention to small detail that most will miss.Where shall I begin? (I also have photos to back up all of my complaints,to prove they are valid) The carpet in the room I was given was beyond DIRTY (spots,stains) in the kitchen area there was hair on the counter top by the coffee pot.to the right of the door upper left there is about a 20 inch crack on the wall,to the bottom left of the door there is a medium size gap in the door where someone can see through your room (I had to place a pillow over the gap in door) above on the ceiling there is WATER damage by the sprinkler system is case of fire,I requested a Non-smoking room yet the comforter had burn holes in it? there was a spider in kitchen area crawling by the burner,there was also some type of bug crawling by the bottom of the sink.In the bath room the light fixture is broken/cracked and there are dead bugs inside of it.There were only 3 large size towels and 2 small in bathroom (All of them were UNCLEAN/STAINED) good thing I brought my own.The TV set is PREHISTORIC and the reception is beyond poor,you can't enjoy watching the channels you'd like to view because something is wrong with either the tv set/cable or both? The furniture is stained and needs to be cleaned or replaced,the bed sheets and comforter was dirty (it couldn't have been fresh linen) The equipment in the gym area seems to be from the Mid 90's out dated and barely in condition to be used.So think good and long before making this your choice or check the room before you waste time bringing all of your luggage into a room that is a total disaster.again I most say the Employee & manager that I came in contact with was very nice and had good attitudes,my issue is with the problems that needs to be addressed.The hotel is actually in a VERY NICE AREA that is peaceful and full of shopping and dining.But some major changes needs to take place as far as the cleanliness of the rooms/carpet (maybe hiring a new cleaning crew or re-training them) and updating things like the gym area,TV sets.My advice to this hotel would be "Image & First Impressions Are Everything" when it comes to operating a Successful Business.where you want the customer to return and not feel cheated or let down.

Room Tip: This Hotel is located in a NICE area,they just need to do a better job at keeping it clean and updat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

First of all when I booked my room, it was one price and when I got to the hotel it was another price. The young lady refused to changed the price. When I went into my room, the ceiling had water damage, paint was peeling off the ceiling, the carpet had large spots of waste as if it had never been shampooed. I checked out. Called corporate and the area manager called immediately. However the problem (refund) was not taken care of until two weeks later.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I made reservationns for Christmas Eve for our family. When we got there they told us we couldn't stay there because they didn't have any rooms clean. Big disappointment.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Given the nature of our business, oftentimes our guests are not certain of their check-out date when they book their reservation. We work hard to verify whether checked-in guests need to extend their departure date. However, in very rare cases such as yours, an unexpected number of guests extend their stays simultaneously and we are unable to force them to check-out, resulting in an over-booked situation. While our guarantee policy provides for the location of and payment for the first night's stay for a guest whose reservation we cannot honor, I certainly recognize what an inconvenience this can be.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Over the past ten years we have routinely stayed at this hotel on the Eastern edge of Memphis. Nicely landscaped with small lake in a business park, it almost beckons one to stop and stay. The interior is almost the opposite of the surrounding property. We haven't stayed here in three years, and what a change this place has made in that time. Apparently Mgmt. has ignored cleaning and maintenance since our last stay. First hint was that the latch portion portion of the door jam was missing. Walking into the room the carpet was filthy and appeared that it had not been vacuumed in a while. Behind the door was a pile of dust and pieces of cereal. The carpet was frayed around the edges and had many stains in it. More observations: bathroom sink drained very slowly and had a stinking odor, rust stains in tub, black mold around and under tub caulking, black mold around edge of tub surround. water temperature control nob in tub broken off, tub drain plug broken in half, dark spots on bathroom floor, white and black stains in front of bathroom sink. brown stains on sink counter, couch cushions covered with black stains and strong odor emitted from couch when sat upon. no cold water from kitchenette sink faucet, bottom drawer of dresser broken, black dirt marks on all walls. Sheets appeared to clean, but when they were rolled back, a cricket jumped out from under them. On the positive the air conditioners seem to be new. The front desk said they had one other room, but upon inspection, it was just a filthy. Front desk did lend me a vacuum cleaner so that I could vacuum the room carpet. They also lent us a sheet to cover the couch and a rubber tub pad to cover the bottom of the club (although it took quite a while for them to find one). This use to be quite a nice place to stay, but now, it needs to be bulldozed down. Only stay here to get out of the rain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!