“I Don't Do Dirty!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2520 Horizon Lake Drive, Memphis, TN 38133 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #115 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Louisiana
“I Don't Do Dirty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

First of all when I booked my room, it was one price and when I got to the hotel it was another price. The young lady refused to changed the price. When I went into my room, the ceiling had water damage, paint was peeling off the ceiling, the carpet had large spots of waste as if it had never been shampooed. I checked out. Called corporate and the area manager called immediately. However the problem (refund) was not taken care of until two weeks later.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I made reservationns for Christmas Eve for our family. When we got there they told us we couldn't stay there because they didn't have any rooms clean. Big disappointment.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Given the nature of our business, oftentimes our guests are not certain of their check-out date when they book their reservation. We work hard to verify whether checked-in guests need to extend their departure date. However, in very rare cases such as yours, an unexpected number of guests extend their stays simultaneously and we are unable to force them to check-out, resulting in an over-booked situation. While our guarantee policy provides for the location of and payment for the first night's stay for a guest whose reservation we cannot honor, I certainly recognize what an inconvenience this can be.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Over the past ten years we have routinely stayed at this hotel on the Eastern edge of Memphis. Nicely landscaped with small lake in a business park, it almost beckons one to stop and stay. The interior is almost the opposite of the surrounding property. We haven't stayed here in three years, and what a change this place has made in that time. Apparently Mgmt. has ignored cleaning and maintenance since our last stay. First hint was that the latch portion portion of the door jam was missing. Walking into the room the carpet was filthy and appeared that it had not been vacuumed in a while. Behind the door was a pile of dust and pieces of cereal. The carpet was frayed around the edges and had many stains in it. More observations: bathroom sink drained very slowly and had a stinking odor, rust stains in tub, black mold around and under tub caulking, black mold around edge of tub surround. water temperature control nob in tub broken off, tub drain plug broken in half, dark spots on bathroom floor, white and black stains in front of bathroom sink. brown stains on sink counter, couch cushions covered with black stains and strong odor emitted from couch when sat upon. no cold water from kitchenette sink faucet, bottom drawer of dresser broken, black dirt marks on all walls. Sheets appeared to clean, but when they were rolled back, a cricket jumped out from under them. On the positive the air conditioners seem to be new. The front desk said they had one other room, but upon inspection, it was just a filthy. Front desk did lend me a vacuum cleaner so that I could vacuum the room carpet. They also lent us a sheet to cover the couch and a rubber tub pad to cover the bottom of the club (although it took quite a while for them to find one). This use to be quite a nice place to stay, but now, it needs to be bulldozed down. Only stay here to get out of the rain.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Prammage35@gmail.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I will never stay here again. The price was good but this is because they do not clean. This places is old they need an upgrade bad. I have been here for six days no one has cleaned my room in fact they said you have to pay for it. That is nasty. huge spider webs, dirty shower, no toilet paper, dirty sheets, old TV, leaking ceilings, dirty carpet as you walk down the hall and in your room. I will pay to stay somewhere clean next time I come to Memphis. This places need to be torn down I'm serious.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

When I stayed here last year, it was at least half way decent. Courtesy Staff, as a matter of fact, her name was I think Rose. The room was pretty clean so I kept in mind when planning my next stay in Memphis. This time, it was HORRIFIC!!! The room, the bathroom and even the kitchen was pure nasty. The towels had hair in them and they were dingy looking like they weren't even washed. The dishes in the dishwasher were filthy with caked on food. The carpets had stains and were dirty. They ruined a perfectly good pair of socks. Why doesn't the manager check these rooms out on a regular basis? The maid service is very, very, very POOR!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Worst hotel experience I have ever had. Filthy carpet, furniture and bathroom. Every corner of this room was covered in stains of Lord only knows what. There were so many stains on the bedding and couch my husband had to go buy sheets at Wal-mart for us to sleep and sit on. Air conditioner was broken. Bedroom lights were broken. Air unit was covered in filth, grime and mold and was missing pieces. The tub had a large, yellow/brown sludge in it--so dirty we refused to shower. Our non-smoking room had apparently been smoked in by every previous tenant...ashes everywhere and an overwhelming smoke odor that burned our eyes and caused coughing. The common areas were just as filthy as the room. I had my two year old with me, and would not let him touch anything or sit anywhere unless it was covered by the bedding we purchased. We would have checked out the minute we saw the room if it wasn't midnight. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thompson's Station, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

Had to make a quick trip to Memphis and needed a place for one night, with pets welcome. At about $69 per night, you get what you pay for, but nothing "deluxe" about this place. Carpet not well vacuumed, mold stains on bath ceiling, large ceiling stain over bed (what was THAT???), hallways very dirty, no bath towels in room, molding pulled from wall showing large hole, no Kleenex in room, hairs on bathroom floor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria? Share your experiences!